A 0W30 which is a synthetic *blend*!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever seen a 0W30 oil which is labelled as a synthetic blend
shocked2.gif
?

Well take a look at Petro Canada's DURON XL Synthetic Blend. It has an impressive PDS.

DURONBLEND0W30.jpg

Possibly some group II or II+ base oil along with some PAO for better cold flow. Looks like a strong oil for year round use. How's the price? Nice HTHS for cars that need ACEA A3. Definitely not API SM or energy conserving, but I like it.

This oil is heavier than the 100% synthetic version it replaces.
It's viscosity is on par with GC and who knows what the composition of the current version of GC is now.

The spec's look good but I'm at a loss, from a marketing point of view, why PC would label a 0W-XX HDEO as a blend. They're a major producer of GP III oils so from a cost perspective how much can they be saving in using some GP II?

I'm curious as to the price of this product as well?

That's not uncommon. Shell used to make a 0W-30 synblend that was Sold as 'Motomaseter Formula 1' 0W-30 synblend.

That Duron oil has been in PC's offerings for a while.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Shell used to make a 0W-30 synblend that was Sold as 'Motomaseter Formula 1' 0W-30 synblend.

But I dont believe though this grade of Motomaster is still produced

Originally Posted By: addyguy

That Duron oil has been in PC's offerings for a while.

True but there is soon to be one *less* DURON as PC is no longer making the superior DURON SYNTHETIC 0W30 (while keeping this XL syn blend)

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Brad Penn makes a 0W-30 synthetic blend.

I didnt know that..thanks. Is there a PDS for this grade of BPenn oil? It might be interesting to compare these two 0W30 blends.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
I'm curious as to the price of this product as well

I got confirmation today that the price of this HDEO 0W30 blend is $5.24/litre (+.05 environmental charge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back