Recommend OTC fuel/injec cleaner for Turbo car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I have a volvo s40 with the 1.9L turbo, I was wondering what method or OTC product I can use to "clean" my fuel system, injectors, etc.

I've used Seafoam in the past through my Intake Manifold (not my brake booster line) and I got the smoke, etc. but recently that hasn't been as effective and I'm worried it fouls my spark plugs. You guys have any recommendations?

For a real system cleaning, I've had the best results with Red Line Si-1 or BG44K. In my experience both worked well, but Si-1 is about 1/3 the price of the BG44k. I Sea Foam the intake every 50K. ARX every 50K. For periodic maintenance cleanings, Techron. For daily use, MMO in the gas. But I am going to try some TC-3W on my next refill.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: shanneba
Red Line S1

Hey guys,

I can't find redline anywhere, it seems Canadian tire has discontinued them ($6.24 is the clearance price lol), and my Part Source stores aren't carrying them anymore.

We don't have Chevron in Canada, so any other recommendations? Am I stuck choosing between Seafoam and Lucas UCL?

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Lucas UCL is not a good cleaner at all. It is basically expensive motor oil.
I tried this stuff extensively. I would never buy it again.

So, is there anything OTC that you recommend? Am I regulated to seafoam? We don't have Berryman's B12 here, we don't have Chevron, can't find Shell stuff, and Redline stuff is probably discontinued.

Seafoam isn't going to help much.See if Gumout Regane Fuel System Cleaner is available it does contain the active ingredients need to remove deposits and clean properly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: m4gician
So, is there anything OTC that you recommend?

How about OTC D-Karbonizer or isn't that the OTC you were asking about?

regulated =?= relegated

I use anything with PEA in it that goes on sale. Pop and sniff. If it's cheap and smells like amines I buy it.

Amsoil sells a good rated one also. I order some when ever I order oil for my 2009 Accord. So far 140,000 mi. Most work besides batteries and brakes was a starter replacement.

Berryman B12
7040112_bry_0116_pri_larg.jpg

Originally Posted By: shanneba
Red Line S1

Hey guys,

I can't find redline anywhere, it seems Canadian tire has discontinued them ($6.24 is the clearance price lol), and my Part Source stores aren't carrying them anymore.

We don't have Chevron in Canada, so any other recommendations? Am I stuck choosing between Seafoam and Lucas UCL?
Redline is on Amazon.ca 20bux a bottle.
I buy the pack for 64.

Are We starting a new discussion here?

Because answering an 11 year old thread seems pointless…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back