Stoptech Street Performance vs. EBC Yellowstuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive my car mostly on the street, but take it up into the canyons as much as possible. I do put serious heat into the brakes, so much so in fact that even the rear brakes get hot enough to melt off Centric's E-coating.

I have flushed the system with brand new hi-performance brake fluid (Wilwood Hi-Temp 570) and am planning to get some new pads and rotors. I've got the rotors squared away, bu am still searching for the right pad.

Which of the two would be best for my situation?
Are there any others that you would suggest?

I like performance friction. They brake better when hot and are easy on rotors and really last. They do not however brake that great in cold weather for the first few stops.

consider brake cooling ducts also. I had them on my Mustang after getting 1200F rotor temps at Buttonwillow even with 2000 Cobra R brakes. I am on putting cooling ducts on my Volvo as well.

Unfortunately, performance friction doesn't make anything for my car. Also, I'm hoping not to pay more than 200 for front and rear combined.

the EBC Yellowstuff pads are a race track rated pad. I personaly wouldnt use them for daily driving. I tried it once because I was to lazy to remove mine after a day at the roadcourse. I almost blew through the stop sign at the end of the freeway offramp because the pads and rotors were cold. These pads need some heat for them to work like they should. The also squeeled alot.

I do love them for race duty pads though

Have you looked into Hawk HPS or HP+ pads yet? The HPS's are a performance street duty pad, and the HP+'s will have more of a bite and better stopping power, but will wear out rotors quicker and dust alot more.

HP Plus - http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance/hpplus.php
HPS - http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance/hps.php

Last edited:
stoptech has a terrific high performance pad material, IMO one of the best ever.

Much more rotor friendly and quiet, with a nice smooth bite.

I decided to order the stoptech in the front and the yellowstuff in the rear. I figure something with a 1600 degree Mot up front and a 1200-1400 degree Mot in the back...with awesome bite in the front and pretty darn good bite in the back, should be good.. With slotted rotors from cquence.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back