what good spray waxes are stand alone waxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only product mentioned here so far that actually contains carnauba wax is Optimum Spray Wax. The remainder are synthetic sealants. If you are truly looking for a product containing wax that's the one but it's not OTC. Really a good product!

Both Duragloss Aquawax and Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax (both sealants) are excellent with Aquawax being the top of the heap in my opinion. I have and use all three products that I mentioned here.

I like this stuff
thumbsup2.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mothers FX Spray Wax...Tires dressed with Mothers Reflection (goes matte after drying).

4377309084_98f0e799da_b.jpg

Last edited:
I had a car in 1990 repainted black with Ditzler Deltron and Meguire's pure carnuba paste in the tin after a hand polish was the best. A real chore. Fantastic results.
I now use Meguire's Qwik Wax and life is easy. Twice a year fall & spring. Looks great after.

Originally Posted By: Malo83
I like this stuff
thumbsup2.gif

Man I just bought some of this and tried it....it's terrific!! I've always been a Meguilars man but this stuff is definitely worth a try guys.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: tom slick
A month from now you'll still be impressed by Slick Mist.
I think you're right. My little ZX2 commuter car has like new paint and I keep it clayed and use Meguilars NXT on it once a month or so. Well after a quick application of the Lucas stuff it looks amazing! A guy at my work uses it and said I should try it. I'd recommend it to anyone.

i picked up IBIZ at the big E fair a few years ago,
their waterless wax & wax is fairly easy to use and leaves a very good wet look especially on black. Not over the counter though. And I actually like this better than their liquid "car wax" in the bottle. I did find at first it would streak and was very hard to get it buffed off using regular cotton towels, but when i started using microfiber towels it was much better. And it's the kind of stuff you rub on then buff off immediately before it dries, so it's fast to use.

I tried DG Aquawax and I thought it was overrated.

ArmorAll's Quick Detailer and Turtle Wax's Spray Wax is slicker.

I prefer Optimum Car Wax. wipe it off with a good MF towel. Great Stuff

Wolfgang's Instant Detail Spritz is great, but pricy. AG has it in bulk and 20% off this memorial day weekend

Last edited:
i love duragloss aquawax designed to be used when after your finished washing your car and ready to dry it spray on aquawax while you wipe off the rinse water.. ...works great and very easy to use shines better then a mirror

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Malo83
White is really hard to show a good shine on a car but this is reflection after using the Slick Mist.

I use Lucas Slick Mist on my 22 year old Red Cutlass, and it does a very nice job IMHO. Was going to try the Turtle Wax spray detailer (and stiil might) but it was $1 more than Lucas, so I opted for that.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
A month from now you'll still be impressed by Slick Mist.

I hope your right, I used it three times now and think it is the best spray wax I've used to date. I bought two bottles of it, and if I see it on sale again plan on getting more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back