Which car has the coldest AC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AC cant get below 32F or the Evap will freeze solid. Thats why you have a low pressure cycling switch.

Out of all the cars I see I'd say that the Crown Vic is the most efficient. Most Fords work pretty well at lowering cabin temps quickly.

Ford full-size vehicles tend to have great A/C in my experience. Toyotas have fairly lousy A/C.

If you vehicles AC works OK and you want the vehicle to get colder, have the window tint added by a company that does it every day. Then ask the local dealerships who they use for interior work. Go to the interior person and have them add as much additional insulation to the vehicle as posable. Or do it you self. Most hardware stores sell the bubble wrap with silver side insulation. You will have to put in in the doors, and all around the sides. Then pull the seats and put it under the carpet.

Originally Posted By: hardcore302
Easily the crown vic
Most fords in general

Would that include the current generation Focus?

I had a 99 jeep XJ Cherokee with pretty awesome AC.

I bet a belt driven fan and torquey motor are helpful.

Ridiculous question :)

when the A/C is working properly all my cars feel like they have good A/C.

Even my 96 Saturn freezes me out if I leave it cranked.

+1 on Fords in general. Pickup trucks are usually great for this due to the smaller interior/less space to cool.

The holy grail, is a Ford pickup truck. My Ranger gets cold fast and its a black truck with a mostly black interior. Pretty hot when you get in lol.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Quote:
I leave in the deep south

Good idea, leave for the north would probably help with the a/c.

As a person who left the north/east (Baltimore MD) for the South (Texas) you couldn't pay me to go back.

Originally Posted By: DreamerGT
tinting your windows help the cooling in your car too.

^^2nd. In Texas window tinting is almost a requirement! I couldn't imagine not having tinted windows.

Last edited:
Camry's have really good a/c and my Celica blows ice all summer long

The new Focus a/c isn't that great its takes a long time to cool
But the 05 Ranger blows nice and cold quick
(We use the fords at work for deliveries)

If I turn my a/c off and open a window, the mirror gets covered in condensation. Never happenned in the two previous ones.

But I think Ford wins it.

Originally Posted By: pidster
+1 on Fords in general. Pickup trucks are usually great for this due to the smaller interior/less space to cool.

The holy grail, is a Ford pickup truck. My Ranger gets cold fast and its a black truck with a mostly black interior. Pretty hot when you get in lol.

Agree. My F150 gets pretty cold on long highway drives in the summer. The one drawback is the windshield is so large that it allows a lot of sunlight into the cabin so it also gets really hot when sitting parked.

My 96 Volkswagen Golf GL blows ice cold if desired and unlike a lot of cars A/Cs, it does a fantastic job of dehumidifying the air as well!

hands down the best AC I even had in a car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back