New addition to my stash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went into AZ today to take advantage of the Castrol GTX/Bosch deal and walked out with three of the Castrol/Bosch deals, two quarts of Exxon Superflow SL 10w40, two quarts of SM 10w40 and two quarts SM 5w20. All Exxon Superflow on closeout for $1.99!! I'm going back tomorrow to clean them out. Oh and I picked up a new bottle of Sunoco Ultra Premium oil. Their old bottle had Warrens "WPP" stamped on the bottom. The new bottles look like Napa brand bottles but no "Made by Ashland" on it.

100_2301.jpg

100_2302.jpg

Cool.
Remember when most popular oil was oil company or gas station branded like that (Texaco, Gulf, etc.) instead of lube company branded (Valvoline, etc.) back when it came in paper cans?
..Or am I just old?

The label on the back of the Sunoco oil is very similar to the label on the back of the Napa bottles in my stash. I got one out and compared it to your picture. I think it is the same as the Napa and Carquest branded oil from Ashland. Which makes it the same as Valvoline, except there are a couple of minor and insignificant differences in the add pack. The dead giveaway is the the phrase about "Don't pollute. Conserve resources...etc" on your Sunoco bottle. It has the exact same wording on my Napa bottle. And it's in the exact same location on the label too. My Napa bottle also has a similar code that is printed above the UPC label. A lot of the other wording on the label is similar too.

I will say that's Ashland-bottled oil with a Sunoco label on it. Just out of curiousity, how much did it cost?

Sadly i have a total of 26 (5qt jugs) added to that 6 cases of 4gallons per case delvac 1.. and about 24qts of misc. synthetic oil. and 12qts of amsoil 0w30... enough oil for about 5 cars and 200K miles per car i think

I know it sounds silly, but I've always liked Sunoco oil bottles - the dark orange/red arrow on the dark blue background I've always thought had a really cool, retro look to it.

Sadly, there is no Sunoco oil in Canada, as just the tradename for the gas stations is owned by Suncor up here. Canadian Sunoco stations generally sell PYB for oil....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back