Lucas Oil Stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I thought you used KY jelly on your shaft
54.gif
Is Lucas an upgrade?

Gary, the stuff that you were referring to is obstetrics lube, which I have brought in in 20 litre pails.

Helps stick plastic sheeting to the tubes when looking for condenser leaks.

Gary,

One more reply like that from you and "the new intrepid moderator" will be on your case :)

- Vikas

Last edited:
Yes, it was a shameful double entendre (
spankme2.gif
BAD GARY! ) ..but, as Shannow confirmed, he does use the stuff. I just forgot what on.

Yep, could use the search function, and find where I posted that I'd brought it into power station useage.

I'm suffering from thinning viscosity of the oil in my DD, Lucas seems to thicken it up and build pressure faster in the mornings, I never purchased it before and doubt it will again, however until I can locate and repair the problem it keeps from adding to mechanical damage to the engine or changing the oil when it begins to thin, the oil does get stickier and thicker with Lucas when cold, but their claim that it sticks better when the engine is turned off makes me ??? unless they will prove that oil at 230* F sticks as well as it does at 80* f

Originally Posted By: pavelow
This question is for those that have actually used the Lucas product.

What personal reasons do you have for your opinion? Specifics about why you didn't like it as it pertains to the application or engine you added it to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back