Michelin 3 in 1 tire shine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if this stuff is still around??

I bought a bottle at AZ a few years ago, and the stuff is the best I have ever used, and I haven't been able to find it anymore. I am down to about half a bottle.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Originally Posted By: kart17
Got a bottle at Big Lot's so it mush be on the down hill side.
You are right it is a good product.

I guess I see a road trip to all the big lots around here!!

Thanks

I have also found it at car shows durning the summer.
Some of the stores bring products and sell them at a low price to clean out leftovers.

So keep your eye's open if you go to any shows this summer.

I tried one of the big lots earlier today, and no luck. They had some other halfway decsent detail products pretty cheap, so i picked up a couple of things, but no 3 in 1...

I telling you, everyone seems willing to try any type or brand of tire dressing except Stoner's More Shine Less Time, and if you do try this stuff, you'll never use anything else again. It really is that good.

Originally Posted By: grampi
I telling you, everyone seems willing to try any type or brand of tire dressing except Stoner's More Shine Less Time, and if you do try this stuff, you'll never use anything else again. It really is that good.

"More Shine" has caught my attention several times, and I may try it. I like the Michelin because it doesn't have petrolium distilates like most tire shine products that destroy tires and cause cracking.

I have tried almost everything out there, and I like the quality of the shine of this stuff the best. Over 100,000 miles on the tires and no cracks.

BFG T/A's have just over 101K on the Ranger and still have some tread. I got 101K on the original Wilderness H/T's the truck came with.

When the orignal Firestones wore out, I had another set of the same wildernes' put on, but they were defective junk and I had them pulled after 10K, and they gave me a full refund for them.

Originally Posted By: 1kickbuttranger
BFG T/A's have just over 101K on the Ranger and still have some tread. I got 101K on the original Wilderness H/T's the truck came with.

When the orignal Firestones wore out, I had another set of the same wildernes' put on, but they were defective junk and I had them pulled after 10K, and they gave me a full refund for them.

That's awesome. On my Jetta, the tires that came on it were junk. I got rid of them at 30k(tread was gone), but realistically, they needed to be replaced way sooner. Maybe at 24k or sooner. They were never any good in any road condition.

Originally Posted By: 1kickbuttranger
Originally Posted By: grampi

"More Shine" has caught my attention several times, and I may try it. I like the Michelin because it doesn't have petrolium distilates like most tire shine products that destroy tires and cause cracking.

I have tried almost everything out there, and I like the quality of the shine of this stuff the best. Over 100,000 miles on the tires and no cracks.

The Stoner's stuff has nothing in it that will degrade your tires.

I guess its hard to tell what will harm and what will help your tires. Because, about every can I pick up says clean, shines and PROTECTS. I guess they're into marketing as well if they really dont protect.

I get the Michelin 3-n-1 at an auto facility in Blacksburg, VA, called South Main Auto. My wife's family is from the area, so I pick up a bottle or two when I'm there. This is easily the best tire dressing I've used. I don't use it much anymore, but will on ocassion. I have two-and-a-half bottles of it on the shelf in the garage.

I wonder how much a plane ticket from CA to VA would cost??? :)

I've hit up a few places around here including another big lots, and I have nada...

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
I guess its hard to tell what will harm and what will help your tires. Because, about every can I pick up says clean, shines and PROTECTS. I guess they're into marketing as well if they really dont protect.

I don't believe ANY of the tire dressings do anything to help protect your tires, unless you count NOT making them silicone based because that's what degrades the UV protectants that are built into the tires....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back