Post your fill hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some shots of my 07 Odyssey oil fill hole showing the internals. Mileage =52423. Just made the change to Pennzoil Ultra (5W-20). Still looks as clean as day one when I bought it new. 5K on dino, then been running mostly pp 5W-20 except ofr one 5k run on Castrol Syntec, and one on Valvoline Synpower.

DSC01941.jpg

DSC01940.jpg

DSC01930.jpg

I wish mine were visible. all mine have baffles. in fact, I just bought a used car and pulled a valve cover before I sealed the deal to make sure it wasn't sludged.

Those are pretty private pictures to be posting online! HAHA.

I'll have to see if I can see down mine at all, I know my Camaro you can't see anything, Civic might be able to.

My Dad's Avalon 1MZ-FE engine.
sludge01.jpg

My wife's Mitsubishi 380, 6G75 engine
engine02.jpg

My ride Ford Territory, Barra I6 engine
cam.jpg

Dad's car on strict diet now, last oil change did an Amsoil flush and now on Redline 5w40.

Originally Posted By: Trex101
sludge01.jpg

. . .

Before everyone latches onto this as evidence of a sludge attach, I've got an old counter-picture from back in 2003, shortly after I got my 2003.5 V-6 Camry. I got into it (who'd have thought that...) over on ToyotaNation with a tech who insisted my engine was sludged. With like a couple thousand miles on it. Anyway, one of the truly dumbest things Toyota ever did was put a foamy black coating on the oil fill baffle of the 1MZ v-6. I suspect it's for sound absorption, but I don't know that for sure. Anyway, here's what that same 1MZ filler looks like, near-new.
1MZOilFiller.jpg

I even crammed a wad of papertowel into the same filler, ground it around some, and here's what it looked like coming out.
MISC%2008-04-03%20043.jpg

Originally Posted By: Trex101
sludge01.jpg

. . .

looks identical to mine on the 1MZ-FE

Wow if you didn't explain the coating, I'd have thought you had a mess going on in there.

Originally Posted By: 4esorselrahc
Here's some shots of my 07 Odyssey oil fill hole showing the internals. Mileage =52423. Just made the change to Pennzoil Ultra (5W-20). Still looks as clean as day one when I bought it new. 5K on dino, then been running mostly pp 5W-20 except ofr one 5k run on Castrol Syntec, and one on Valvoline Synpower.

DSC01941.jpg

DSC01940.jpg

DSC01930.jpg

I see two specks of dirt that must be from the Syntec and Synpower.
grin2.gif

Not the fill hole, but you don't see anything down my fill hole anyway (goes into front of the crankcase)

97 Cavalier 2.2L, fed dealer bulk Castrol GTX in 3-4k OCI for the first 125k miles. Followed by a ~2,500 mile OCI of Maxlife blend 10W-40, and the pic was on a 5k OCI of PP 5W-30.

DSC04374-Copy.jpg

DSC04385-Copy.jpg

I applaud you for getting a picture of the Ody's hole.

Not sure I have the mori skills for that. At 67+K our 2006 looks about the same, dang though I'm gonna get a light and have a look where the sun don't shine.

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Originally Posted By: Ljute
I can't wait to take a picture of my hole tomorrow and post it! :)
That just somehow seems -- ummmmm -- wrong. . .

I kinda thought the same thing but decided not to mention it....

Wow. Pretty clean holes here on BITOG! I'll see if I can get one of my Scion.
I'm always bragging about my clean hole to friends. But I lube it with only good, overpriced oils
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back