'04 Buick LeSabre Cooling System SemiFlush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All, I am new here, and would like some advise. I have a '04 Buick LeSabre that I bought new and now has about 48,000 miles on it. I have been doing most of the service on it myself, since the car was about 3 years old and the factory service plan expired. Since that time, I have been draining the overflow bottle for the Dexcool coolant and exchanging it for fresh coolant at every oil change. (Every 4 months or so) The first gallon I bought was dexcool and since then I have been using Peak AllMakes. Do you all think I should get a complete system flush ? If so why ? THANKS

I don't think that draining and replacing coolant in the overflow bottle is doing much of anything.

IMO you would be better off with a partial drain every once in a while. If you cant get to the drain plug you can stick a small hose down the radiator cap neck and siphon some out.

Its very easy to just flush out all the old coolant on this car. Just drop the plastic splash shield (on the underside of the car) which is held on by plastic clips that just pop out with a screw driver which will give you access to the bottom of the radiator. On the bottom of the radiator on the drivers side of the car there is a plastic plug that just screws out which will allow all the coolant to drain into a pan or bucket with out even much splashing going on. It only takes maybe about 30 minutes to do. The hardest part is finding all the clips that hold up the splash shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back