How to keep cats off your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of those sprays use cayanne pepper as the main ingredient to ward of animals. I don't know if a cover would help much chances are it would just jump on that and scratch at and rip the cover and scratch the car anyways to boot.

Its crazy though if a dog is loose and espically does damage animal control gets called but cat's apparently have emminent domain.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Maybe you all need to move out of those ghettos or away from the boonies where all those feral critters congregate in an effort to ruin your lives. I live at the outskirts of the city and 90% of the critter that roam the backyards are skunks and raccoons. I'll accept a cat over a skunk any day. Luckily, my Captain Kirk (18 pound Maine Coon/wolverine hybrid
wink.gif
) goes after skunks, coons and little kids. He eats cats and dogs.

Post a picture of your dog please.

This is the funniest thread that ive read so far.

Fortunately for me I live in the country. There are a lot of cats around here but fortunately i have never had a big problem with cats on top of my car. But if a big problem did occur it would be no problem to solve it. They're wild cats anyway.

I have caught four ferrel cats on my property over the last couple years using live traps. They roam the neighborhood 24/7 doing nothing but marking everything they can. every morning I would have new cat [censored] on my garbage can, wheels, corner of the house, mailbox, fence...I can go on. I can watch them walk up the sidewalk marking something every 10feet. I catch them and then drive them out to the country and let them loose. If they can survive being homeless in the neighborhood, they can survive catching mice in the country.

I guess I'm old school, but I'd wait with a pellet gun and MAKE the cat remember the vehicle. Or just kill the cat and dump it in the night in the country. Despite what people will bully you into believing, 1)NO, that cat is not special or important 2) You do not have to suffer your neighbors cat's.

Ask the neighbor to keep the cat off your property, make no threats. If this doesn't happen, the cat disappears and a lesson is learned.

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
Chain a pit bull to the front bumper.

(I own cats - this is humor)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: purelux

Its crazy though if a dog is loose and espically does damage animal control gets called but cat's apparently have emminent domain.

rarely have I heard of folks being attacked, or even "meowed" at by the cat roaming the neighborhood. Friendly or not, I personally have been charged, barked and bothered by dogs large and small more times than I care to remember.

I have no issues with kicking a dog extremely hard in the ribs if it comes charging at me with a mean look on it. I will not be attacked or bit because someone has to own a dog for whatever reason.

That said, if people cannot control their cats, the cat deserves to be taught a lesson too. Not that I advocate meaningless violence in any way, and I do not know that entry onto property is good cause, but still...

Cats and dogs ARE different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back