Is royal purple really best oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean some people say they not n they are over priced.

I mean do they peform better than PP,PU,MEP,Redline,Enos,n Amsoil oils?

I wanna best pEformance n best wear.

From my experience, royal purples greatness has came from word of mouth. IMO redline or amsoil is in a whole different league.

However you could run redline and wear protection wouldnt matter if your using a [censored] air filter, a bad insuffiencent oil filter (leaky ADBV), your PCV system has a leak and is sucking in dirt, or your valve cover gaskets are cracked.

Only if the engine is completely sealed (gaskets and seals), and your using a good airfilter, and oil filter like PureOne then I would run redline.

Last edited:
Wouldn't the "best oil" publish standard specs like HT/HS, pass the same current industry specifications of the American Petroleum Institute as $2 dino oil, and not make ridiculous claims of horsepower gains?

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Wouldn't the "best oil" publish standard specs like HT/HS, pass current industry specifications of the American Petroleum Institute and not make ridiculous claims of horsepower gains?

Guess Redline and most of Amsoil is out then. Even though they are some of the better performing oils.

Originally Posted By: BobFout
Wouldn't the "best oil" publish standard specs like HT/HS, pass current industry specifications of the American Petroleum Institute and not make ridiculous claims of horsepower gains?

Guess Redline and most of Amsoil is out then. Even though they are some of the better performing oils.

Really, AMSoil and Redline thoroughly document their products and there are no claims of HP gain which I'm aware of.

Originally Posted By: Rohan
I mean some people say they not n they are over priced.

I mean do they peform better than PP,PU,MEP,Redline,Enos,n Amsoil oils?

I wanna best pEformance n best wear.

Forget the Royal Purple. Get Eneos from Amazon for the same price. It's a better oil.

RP the best oil? No. Best for the money? No. An oil better than the majority of the Wal-Mart standard fare? IMO, yes.

Really, AMSoil and Redline thoroughly document their products and there are no claims of HP gain which I'm aware of.

Don't make blanket statements until you see how far the blanket goes.
lol.gif
I took your post to mean the best oil would publish HTHS *and* be API licensed *and* not make HP gain claims.

Redline, and most of Amsoil's oils, are not API licensed.

Well, some of the RP products, as you are aware, do have API licensing, just not all. From what I've come across in my research, no, RP isn't perfect for everything, nor is any brand or grade, for that matter. They have some oils that have higher amounts of ZDDP for those who look for that. They have some SM for those who want that.

As for those who disapprove of marketing gimmicks like horsepower gains, well, I disapprove, too. All the oil companies do them. Look back at some of the past synthetic oil marketing campaigns. They were ridiculous. Even now, we have all kinds of fancy claims.

I'm not swayed by four or eight times less wear, or Las Vegas taxi tests, or huge horsepower increases, or niche wear test claims. In fact, I'm more than likely to attack such claims, even if such claims are made by a brand I use regularly.

Royal Purple makes fine oil. So do SOPUS, Exxon Mobil, Amsoil, RL, BP, etc., etc. Who makes the best oil? That's a loaded question. One has to choose the most suitable oil for one's application. Anyone who claims that one oil is simply the "best oil period" is talking through his hat.

[/quote] They have some oils that have higher amounts of ZDDP for those who look for that. They have some SM for those who want that.

What does ZDDP mean?

Originally Posted By: Garak

Well, some of the RP products, as you are aware, do have API licensing, just not all. From what I've come across in my research, no, RP isn't perfect for everything, nor is any brand or grade, for that matter. They have some oils that have higher amounts of ZDDP for those who look for that. They have some SM for those who want that.

As for those who disapprove of marketing gimmicks like horsepower gains, well, I disapprove, too. All the oil companies do them. Look back at some of the past synthetic oil marketing campaigns. They were ridiculous. Even now, we have all kinds of fancy claims.

I'm not swayed by four or eight times less wear, or Las Vegas taxi tests, or huge horsepower increases, or niche wear test claims. In fact, I'm more than likely to attack such claims, even if such claims are made by a brand I use regularly.

Royal Purple makes fine oil. So do SOPUS, Exxon Mobil, Amsoil, RL, BP, etc., etc. Who makes the best oil? That's a loaded question. One has to choose the most suitable oil for one's application. Anyone who claims that one oil is simply the "best oil period" is talking through his hat.

Very well said.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Rohan

They have some oils that have higher amounts of ZDDP for those who look for that. They have some SM for those who want that.

What does ZDDP mean?[/quote]

shorthand for Zinc/Phosphorous.

For now my car have 10w40 rp oil will I want something better should I got with redline or asmoil?

I was looking at redline n asmoil informantion n rp oil show lowest number.

I mean what we have to look for on oil?

This is what rp tech tld me:

The current factory recommendation for you engine is a 5W-30. This would likely be a great all-year viscosity. However, with the nitrous and the higher operating speed (rpm), our 10W-40 may be more appropriate and is completely suitable for air temperatures above 0 deg. F (-17 deg. C). The 10W-40 is a more robust oil and will provide a higher level of protection than the 5W-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back