2010 BMW 335D - Mobil1 ESP 5w30 - 5,000mi on oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just received the first report for my brother's new 335D, I am happy it looks very good for an engine still breaking in. We plan on doing 7,500 mile changes between the dealer scheduled 15,000 miles. With a TBN of 3 after just 5,000 miles this looks like a nice interval. Filter was OEM Mann. Oil was M1 ESP, not the EP formula as Blackstone wrote down.

335d.png

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that my brother uses Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost (grey bottle) at 8oz every fill-up as I have recommended to him. Perhaps that helps with the soot levels. These engines are programmed with higher cetane eurodiesel in mind, so I figure the Diesel Kleen is keeping it happy.

Originally Posted By: ARH_0700
I forgot to mention that my brother uses Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost (grey bottle) at 8oz every fill-up as I have recommended to him. Perhaps that helps with the soot levels. These engines are programmed with higher cetane eurodiesel in mind, so I figure the Diesel Kleen is keeping it happy.

I use it every fill up as well in my 335d. I had my oil changed by the dealer at 1 year and less than 2000 miles. My concern in using the Diesel Kleen was that with blow by the oil would suffer from the addditive. After seeing your brother's report, I'm slightly more comforted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back