List of cardboard construction oil filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Yep, Youtube is where I go for factual unbiased infomation.

You know the point i was getting at bill,your a smart individual.
56.gif

But you do agree that EVERY filter manufacture does produce filters that have "issues"?

We just don't see those because people don't cut open filters for show and tell (esp $10-$15 ones)

Plus I find it VERY suspicious that this guy buys a Fram filter, cuts it open and here is a defect... When I've cut open HUNDREDS over the DECADES and never a SINGLE issue.

That guy should go buy lotto tickets with his ability to pick out the Fram filter with the defect.
lol.gif

Take care, Bill

But you do agree that EVERY filter manufacture does produce filters that have "issues"?

Yes but not as severe as you see in frams quit often,if poorly/cheap construction, wavy folded pleats,restrictive cardboard end caps was the future the big names would be going the same route.

but obviously they don't see thats a superior design

That guy should go buy lotto tickets with his ability to pick out the Fram filter with the defect.
lol.gif

Take care, Bill

you have to admit he's the right guy for the job! lol

Yes but not as severe as you see in frams quit often,if poorly/cheap construction, wavy folded pleats,restrictive cardboard end caps was the future the big names would be going the same route.

but obviously they don't see thats a superior design

NOT cardboard. Fiber/felt. And they all WILL be going that way. Get ready...

lol.gif

Take care, Bill

you have to admit he's the right guy for the job! lol

I still call suspect with his "luck".
smirk2.gif

He can be a Hollywood documentary film producer!
36.gif

Look at all the new engines with cartridge filters and they don't have metal ends.

Bill

Cartridge filters without metal end caps had been used in BMW, MB ... for more than 15-20 years without much problems.

And they all WILL be going that way. Get ready...

I hope your wrong....
frown.gif

boy amsoil EAOs with how did you say it Fiber/felt end caps, Hmmmmm
27.gif

I like the ecore concept. If I could inspect a filter *before* putting it on I would use them.

Originally Posted By: webfors
If I could inspect a filter *before* putting it on I would use them.

Web if you need to do that come on do you really want a filter design like that on your ride?

grab a WIX,NG,P1 slap it on and forget it for 8,000 miles or what ever.

Yeah but some cartridge filters have hard plastic end caps. I don't have a problem with fiber/cardboard end caps as long as they are bonded good. Which I think Ecores are, but not sure about Fram. Also some cartridges have a reusable metal center tube. That is a design I can get behind even if it has fiber end caps.

The thing about the Champ ecores cansiter filters like Supertech is they don't seem to be made as well the cartridge filters and the media isn't as well supported by the center section. So I just think comparing cartridge filters with Fram and ecores is sort of apples and oranges.

There is no way that was a Chinese filter, it was probably a champ with a E-core. First of all, I bought a case of Chinese filters and I disected one and they are very well constructed of about everything I like. First of all they have metal endcaps and are a one piece filter pod,They have very even spaced synthetic looking material, they have a steel center that would not allow any filter material in the engine if it did disinergrate, they have a excellent bypass valve that is better in my opinion of even my beloved Purolators and they are a very heavy steel walled canister. My bet is your brother had a Champ E-core, I seen one from a quick lube, it was all white with only a few letters on it. The E-cores will let the material into your engine if the filter material rips because the squares are huge, not like a steel center post. I know its fun to pile on the Chinese, but they make a good filter. I wish American manufacturing would make as nice a filter and not turn around and sell it for $15, when the Chinese ones are $2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back