NAPA Gold 1040 Cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pete C.
Number of pleats on the construction/assembly drawing for a Wix/Napa (5)1060 specifies 58 +/- 2 .750 deep pleats. Paper width is 4.125". Fleet filter can guess at stuff all they want, but facts are facts and now you have them.

But didnt you just do that here? thats waay more then any other manufacture would have said.

well thats waay more then any other manufacture would have said in a email or phone call.

can you state the average filter media efficiency WIX uses?

Not that any will believe this but multi pass average is 30um. That is for all the lube oil media we use. and there are about 28 of them.

Why does WIX have such low efficiency compared to just about every other filter from Fram, Champion Labs, Purolator etc? That's about the only knock I have on them.

Quote:
Wix owns manufacturing facilities in Mexico, Venezuela, China, Poland, Gastonia NC and Dillon SC and soon India. The products manufactured in these facililities are built using the exact same standards as the ones built in Gastonia or Dillon.

Thats why I never understand why people say they won't buy a filter made from China or Mexico.
54.gif

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Quote:
Wix owns manufacturing facilities in Mexico, Venezuela, China, Poland, Gastonia NC and Dillon SC and soon India. The products manufactured in these facililities are built using the exact same standards as the ones built in Gastonia or Dillon.

Thats why I never understand why people say they won't buy a filter made from China or Mexico.
54.gif

The people who work the factory.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Quote:

54.gif

I would not say that there is great variation at all locations of a specific mfr's plants BUT often times the degree and enforcement of quality controls and suppliers quality can vary greatly and the bottom line is that China and their business practices are known for large amounts of corruption. It's just that simple. Another issues is employee pay....If I earned the slave wages that a typical Chinese worker earned I'd not be too interested in doing a good job....I wonder how that Chinese employee feels about living on a dirt floor and working a minimum of 6 days a week all the time?!?!?!?

It's the principle. The Chinese filters or anything else made in China is not a good value. If you buy things made in China, you lose jobs and revenue. Then you have to become like China in order to have a job. The slighly loweser price is still a rip-off, and I'm not convinced the quality is the same either.

Subject is on the filter, not where it is made.
33.gif

I was going to cut out all the off subject posts but got to it too late so I'm going to lock it up.

If this filter was made in Mexico, China or wherever unless it had a problem that could be directed to where it was made then some of the comments could have a reason for being here.

As ALWAYS, if you have a comment, PM the mod. Thanks, Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back