How much are you guys paying for wheel alignment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around here, the cheapest alignment I can find is about $90, at the local Tire Discounters and at the local Firestone. (no difference)
The Toyota and Lexus dealers charge more.
What is the going rate for you guys? Any tips or tricks on good types of places to go to?
Thanks!
Sludger

$45 to have a guy do it or free for toe/camber with a laser level and flat garage floor.

Originally Posted By: willix
A good 4 wheel alignment is $100-$120 on modern equipment. No such thing as a free alignment.

I'm getting mine aligned for free at the college I teach at. However, whenever you have students work on your car, be prepared for something to be left loose!

$90 at the Ford dealer plus tax. The local Les Schwab tire places charged $60 plus tax when I had my Dad's vans done.

All they really had to do was adjust toe and wheel position.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: oilboy123
$90 at the Ford dealer plus tax. The local Les Schwab tire places charged $60 plus tax when I had my Dad's vans done.

All they really had to do was adjust toe and wheel position.

Les Schwab charges 56.25 for a thrust angle and 83.50 for a 4-wheel. They are one of the few places that don't rip you a big one when it comes to alignment. Plus, they actually have high quality equipment and well-trained employees.

Last alignment I had done was $65.
The tire shop I go to will check your alignment for free and only charge if you need adjustment. Surprisingly I don't usually need adjustment.

Originally Posted By: 5sfe91
$70 at Pep Boys for a 4 wheel alignnment and even less if you use the coupons online

I prefer to use shops that have Hunter alignment racks.

29.95 at dodge dealership in middle tennessee, if I go to a local it is 69 bucks usually. The dealership does a great job believe it or not on this.

Had a couple of vehicles done this year, 4 wheel alignment was $89. No more chains or tire places for me, it is either the dealer of better yet, a suspension only shop that does the best job in town for $89. I am convinced the chains never even put the car on the machine, they just charge for it

Independent shop here uses Hunter equipment. 4 wheel alignment and provide a computer printout of before & after. $69

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: 5sfe91
$70 at Pep Boys for a 4 wheel alignnment and even less if you use the coupons online

I prefer to use shops that have Hunter alignment racks.

What does Pep Boys use? Is it standard across all stores?

My MB dealer charges $89. Firestone charges $120 or so with coupon for lifetime alignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back