Polaris AGL Synthetic Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a 2010 Sportsman 400 H.O. and already put 268 miles in the matter of 1 week. Does anyone know of an alternative to the Pure Polaris AGL Synthetic Gearcase Oil? I should hit 1000 miles by June and want to get the break-in lubes out.

So far I have only found two alternatives that IMO that are of equal or better quality.

Amsoil 2000 TCC and Klotz Graphlite. Both are more expensive than AGL and not readily available in my area. But I wonder if they protect a little better. Would a syn 5-30, syncromesh type oil, or syn atf work?

Thanks man, I went to Polaris and bought the magical AGL Plus. I was just curious so I had about 11 oz leftover from the change and will be sending in a sample for a VOA. Hopefully I will get to see what kind of Voodoo is in the bottle.

Series 2000 chaincase oil from Amsoil is a direct replacement, over the years I've used it in many polaris atv's, I've always had less metallic particulate on the drain magnet with the Amsoil compared to the AGL, I'm close to a drain on my ranger and will swap over to the series 2000 yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back