Chevron Vs. Seafoam

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this instance, I'd go with the Chevron addititive, the "Super Concentrated" or wahtever it's called, it'll be top shelf at most auto part stores, and cost about 6-8$ USD...heh. I think last time I used it (suspected my fuel gauge off a bit) it was 6.83 + tax.

As Vizzy said, the PEA is one of the best known additives for cleaning carbon deposits.

But Vizzy is referencing the wrong use of Seafoam :) The only time your exhaust will "smoke" using seafoam is when you use it through the intake (PCV valve, brake booster line, etc...) it's not going to smoke if you pour it in the gas...

Seafoam has it's uses, but I don't think it'll clean up a gunked up fuel sender unit....and well, Chevron Techron is WELL documented, to work well in that area :) Just google for "fuel gauge chevron techron" lol. Seems Corvette's seem to be the most problematic with gunked up Fuel Sending Units :)

Believe me, I read it on the Internets
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Steve S
What is in Seafoam that does anything?
For this topic/application? Nothing, and that's been answered previously :) The alcohol, napthas, and light pale oil in Seafoam will not "fix" or "clean" a faulty/gunked fuel sending unit. But, it does have it's purposes in other applications.

Originally Posted By: jerzey
its spose to be used in a 12 gallon tank. most cars suv's have a much bigger tank . so mybe he should use 2 bottles?
It's completely up to him, if he's comfortable enough with his somewhat faulty (at this point of time anyhow) fuel gauge, he could take the gauge to as close to E as possible, then pump 12 gallons of fuel into the tank, and ride out :) OR, he could just buy 2 bottles, and fill the tank up with 24 gallons of fuel, that's totally up to him. Personally, I'd go the 2-bottle-route :)

As far as the long road trip idea....I don't know about that, I've heard mixed reviews, some say it's better to let the techron sit in the tank over a couple days; say fill up with fuel and techron concentrate, then let the car sit not driven for a couple days to give the fuel sending unit time to "soak" in the techron....but others state to burn through the tank ASAP, to clear out and clean up the tank, fuel sending unit, and other internals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back