Kumho Eco Solus HM KR22

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Anyone had a look at these tires?

Kumho Eco Solus HM KR22?

Supposedly a decent LRR tire that actualy grips after wearing in, and is designed to last.

Nice way to squeeze out an MPG if you can... Though Ive never had a kumho tire, and don't like the fact that they are made in China and Korea.

Pretty good tire, but I'm curious to see what the treadlife is.

It seems that they don't make it to the milage warranty...

In Michigan, does any tire? I won't drive on a tire with 4/32nds in winter. No way would I try to make it another 20,000 miles to 2/32nds. Warranty's are worthless to me.

I'd agree I've read quite a few "Kumho's wore out early" but I hear that about every tire plus cheap tires tend to go on poorly maintained rides. Would you really pay for an alignment but then choose the cheapest tire available?

It'll be interesting to see the low rolling resistance tires over the next few years, especially once the UTQG system has a resistance test.

Kumhos, as far as I've read, are intended as a budget performance tire. They do fit that bill quite well and often (depending on the tire) can deliver good grip and good response. But, when comparing kumho to Michelin or bridgestone, their highest perfromance tire still can't hold a candle to michelin's pilot sport cup or ps2.

Yep. My wife's GY Conquests made it all the way to 50k (40 warranty), and still had tread left....

Tire life really depends on the vehicle application and the style of driving. Most cars are very heavy in the front (front-wheel drive) and the front tires take an absolute beating as a result. Combine that with the driving style of today (very aggressive) and you have a recipe for quick wearing tires...

Originally Posted By: cchase
Tire life really depends on the vehicle application and the style of driving. Most cars are very heavy in the front (front-wheel drive) and the front tires take an absolute beating as a result. Combine that with the driving style of today (very aggressive) and you have a recipe for quick wearing tires...

True. Ours was mostly city driving, but on a lighter car. (cavalier). But I was very anal about rotating them every 6k...

Im really asking about that specific tire, not kumhos in general. I thought this was a pretty new tire. Please let me know how long you've had the eco solus HM KR22. Any signs of UV damage?

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Im really asking about that specific tire, not kumhos in general. I thought this was a pretty new tire. Please let me know how long you've had the eco solus HM KR22. Any signs of UV damage?

Thanks!

They haven't been out for very long.

IF you want a proven high mileage tire that feels like hockey pucks (which most probably do), then try the Michelin Hydroedge.

I have 50k on my set and I still have 6/32" all around.

I've never heard of any Kumhos being made in China. It's my understanding they're a Korean made tire. Don't know about the KR22s, but I have a set of the KR21s on my car now and I love them. I would buy them again. I don't think a btter tire can be had at the same price level.

The Kumho KR22 is too new only 3 owner reviews on Tirerack. With UTQG of 800 A A (for 225/60-16), this tell you the tread rubber is hard so that its handling is not as good but the reviews on Tirerack indicates that it is a good riding tire, even one believes that the gas mileage is also good.

If you're in market for a T rate tire, why don't you try this new KR22 and give us a review after owning it for a couple thousand miles ?

Originally Posted By: grampi
I've never heard of any Kumhos being made in China...

The four KR-21 a friend of mine purchased two years ago were made in China. 195/70 r14

The four KH-16 another friend of mine purchased three years ago were made in Korea. 205/60 r15

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
The Kumho KR22 is too new only 3 owner reviews on Tirerack. With UTQG of 800 A A (for 225/60-16), this tell you the tread rubber is hard so that its handling is not as good but the reviews on Tirerack indicates that it is a good riding tire, even one believes that the gas mileage is also good.

If you're in market for a T rate tire, why don't you try this new KR22 and give us a review after owning it for a couple thousand miles ?

The tires would be for an old MB diesel, handling is not the key and a relative term. That said, I usually rin H-rated tires to get a bit more sidewall stiffness.

I never have run a tire, across our 6 current cars and multiple before, that I havent been able to get 70k+ out of. UV kills them before that, or they are run to a long, old age. Im not concerned about mile rating at all, I am confident of my gentle driving allowing any tire to last a VERY long time. Im just thinking of giving them a try to attempt to pick up 4-5% fuel economy, which would equal roughly 1MPG, which would be nice given the miles I drive.

Since TR was lacking in reviews, was looking for other opinions.

Bump, any new users? May consider these in the not too distant future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back