Valvoline Syntec VS Supertech synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to check opinions on these 2 oils --

IIRC Supertech is a group III {correct me if I'm wrong], a highly refined dyno.

Anyone know about the Valvoline...is it group III as well or group IV? I searched but didn't see a comment on it.

I'll probably go with the Valvoline, since it's only $3 more per 5 quart bottle.

Valvoline... Syntec?

With a few exceptions (e.g. GC), just about every synthetic on the shelf in the US are all or mostly group III.

As far as being on a budget, Valvoline Synpower is currently $1.49 after rebate if you play it right.

Originally Posted By: fredjacksonsan

Group III {correct me if I'm wrong], a highly refined dyno.

What did you just go and done?

Originally Posted By: znode
Valvoline... Syntec?

As far as being on a budget, Valvoline Synpower is currently $1.49 after rebate if you play it right.

Originally Posted By: fredjacksonsan

Group III {correct me if I'm wrong], a highly refined dyno.

where for $1.50 ???

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Valvoline is superior to Supertech. Be sure to include a silicone ADBV filter. They are superior to nitrile ADBVs.

Super Tech Synthetic is Penzoil synthetic or Mobil synthetic oil, depending which side the Mississippi you are on.
55.gif

Here's a MSDS sheet for a their regular oil:

http://msds.walmartstores.com/cache/26901_1.pdf

Bad thing about Super Tech oil is that it's cheaper than the major brand oil and it's the same oil
33.gif

34.gif

Originally Posted By: acme
Valvoline is superior to Supertech. Be sure to include a silicone ADBV filter. They are superior to nitrile ADBVs.

Super Tech Synthetic is Penzoil synthetic or Mobil synthetic oil, depending which side the Mississippi you are on.
55.gif

Here's a MSDS sheet for a their regular oil:

http://msds.walmartstores.com/cache/26901_1.pdf

Bad thing about Super Tech oil is that it's cheaper than the major brand oil and it's the same oil
33.gif

34.gif

You need to stop posting this, it's bad information.

In some parts of the country, Exxon Mobil supplies the conventional Super Tech (which they bottle themselves, in their Mobil Clean 5000 shaped bottles) and in other parts it may be Pennzoil. But much of the country gets oil that is blended and bottled by Warren Performance Products. All of the Super Tech synthetic oil is blended and bottled by WPP, and it is not supplied by Exxon Mobil or Pennzoil.

That MSDS is not the evidence you believe it is.

55.gif

You are incorrect.
Supertech synthetic is neither Pennzoil or Mobil.

acme

Please stop posting this misinformation on multiple threads . Supertech synthetic is blended and bottled by Warren.

Using MSDS 5 years old as proof...is no proof.

Thank you

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
You are incorrect. Supertech synthetic is neither Pennzoil or Mobil.

...this week. The price of Freedom may be Eternal Vigilance. But the price of buying any of Walmart's house brands is Eternal Research. ;-)

-Steve

Last edited:
Walmart Supertech Synthetic, in Texas, and west of the Mississippi, is bottled by Pennzoil (Shell Oil), not by Warren Products. Anyone that says it is all produced by Warren Products is misinformed, as usual.

Super Tech Synthetic is Penzoil synthetic...

Not according to Pennzoil. Pennzoil says the oils they do blend for the Super Tech line are oils blended to "Wal Mart specifications", not the same stuff they sell under their own name.

Originally Posted By: Mustang2008Z
Walmart Supertech Synthetic, in Texas, and west of the Mississippi, is bottled by Pennzoil (Shell Oil), not by Warren Products. Anyone that says it is all produced by Warren Products is misinformed, as usual.

As usual? Well sir, you are also misinformed as I travelled to both MN and UT last year and every Walmart I visited carried ST syn supplied by WPP. In addition, while I was able to find a MSDS sheet with ST 5W30 supplied by SOPUS, I was UNABLE to find an MSDS sheet of ST Synthetic supplied by SOPUS.

I think at this point, if someone out west could provide verification of SOPUS supplied ST syn (perhaps a picture), that would be outstanding.

Both oils have shown good UOAs on here.
The Valvo may only be $3.00 more, but there is also a nice MIR on it, making it much cheaper after MIR than Supertech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back