National Motor oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever used this stuff? Menards has it for $1.99/quart..cheapest they have. It dosen't have to do much.. I'll be using it in the Windstar that get's a 2,500 mile OCI anyway. But it's SM and GF-4 rated, so it should do the trick.

Sure is tempting to do a VOA on the stuff

National.jpg

It's probably made by Warren or maybe Citgo. I'd have no qualms using it for 3 or 4K OCI's.

I always thought the triple C meant a Coastal product which would mean its made by Warren Oil in Dunn, NC.

The bottle looks similar to Coastal with the picture of the oil pouring in the upper part of the bottle. And looks like the Advance Auto parts brand oil bottle. Of course the manufacture of the bottle doesn't necessarily mean one brand or another. 5w20 is pretty tight, I would use it.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Venezualan?

Does CCC mean Chavez, Chavez, Chavez?

Seriously, I've seen CCC on Mobil products and others. I think it's the container company.

After seeing the bottom I no longer think it's WPP.

Well I dumped it in the van yesterday. Spec sheet dosen't look bad 'cept for maybe a high CCS vis rating. Should be good to go for the (really) short OCI's it will see.

I don't like it. If it doesn't have a big advertising campaign behind it, I'm not using it. I admit that, but that's me.

Nothing wrong with that oil - it's a standard SM/GF-4 oil. It will do whatever manufacturer's OCI you need it to do.

Quaker State dino is $10 (or $10.50???) for 5 quarts at Wal-Mart. I would use a name brand oil for my peace of mind, but I'm sure the oil would be fine.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Quaker State dino is $10 (or $10.50???) for 5 quarts at Wal-Mart. I would use a name brand oil for my peace of mind, but I'm sure the oil would be fine.

Normally I do.. PYB from Wally's. But I change the oil in this thing so often (due to coolant leaks), I could probably run veggie oil and be okay. Plus I had a Menards gift card to use up :)

If anything, I wouldn't be completely heartbroken to have to replace it with something else..

Originally Posted By: Virtuoso
Does anyone know what the "Triple C" might mean?

Looks like a pacman to me. I think it means it'll eat your engine. No wonder they put it on the bottom. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back