Why my laptop is so slow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My laptop is so slow, it took 2 minutes to type this sentence. Other than Windows Task Manager, which program/tool I can run to point to the problems ?

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 1300 with Intel Celeron M and 2 Gig Memory. More than 10 minutes to type the above.

I've seen the CPU usage spike to 100% and cause extreme slowness. Go to Task Manager and click on Processes to see if that's the case, and which program is using all of your resourses.

My desktop PC was slow as well. I have an IT buddy who works for Cisco Systems and he suggested backing up, which I always do, then reinstall the OS and all software. He said every few years that should be done, most people avoid doing it or make excuses as to why it doesn't have to be done. I was one of the excuse makers.

All I can say is wow.

I still need more RAM but overall the machine is running quite well now.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Sad that rebuilding a machine is regarded as a common (and effective) maintenance practice.

I have many machines running just fine after a few years. Sometimes if the malware gets to severe from expired virus scanners a rebuild is the easiest way out though.

I'll admit, I'm a huge advocate of completely wiping a machine and starting all over again. Different strokes for different folks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back