Texas Refinery Corp Pro Spec III 15W/40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a couple of UOA's I got in the mail the other day for Moly Pro-Spec III and Pro Spec III 15W/40 engine oils. Enjoy.
smile.gif

UOA3.jpg

UOA2.jpg

UOA1.jpg

Interesting data. Are you just UOA'ing to increase intervals? are there bypass filters in use? what type of maintenance intervals are being used?

These are UOA's from some of my customers. I get WearCheck to forward me a email of all my customers UOA's. I just thought I would post a few since there were none for TRC oils here.

No bypass filters in use on any of the engines of the UOA's posted. Most all of my customers run extended drain intervals using UOA's as a guideline for the service intervals.

Looks like a lot of fuel dilution in the first test period on the blue bus (top one, where there are three samples over time)...seems to have corrected itself

A very robust oil suitable for extremely long OCI.
Biggest problem seems to be soot accumulation, inevitable with long OCI.

Charlie

Anyone notice that the samples and UOAs are now 3 to 4 years old????? Not bad data, but not timely data.
"Here's a couple of UOA's I got in the mail the other day ..." That was a reasonable statement back in 2007.

Just why did this need to be "bumped"???

Last edited:
Yes, it is unfortunate, but things change so quickly, old data may or may not mean much. I love the way links to old oil filter pictures are posted twice a week with pictures of Purolators with the assembly string the current ownership hasn't used for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back