moisture on spark plug wire sockets..normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it normal to have moisture build up on the socket of the spark plug wires? mainly on the outside, inside the plug wire is relatively dry.

Last edited:
What kind of moisture? When do you see it? If it's just from sitting outside overnight, then that can be considered mostly normal. If you're talking moisture from a leaky coolant hose, not so much.

It's Normal for moisture to condense on ANYTHING below the dewpoint temp. This is why when you do a plug change, the inner boots and the plug insulator have to be pristine clean. I wipe the insulators with ethanol and kimwipes and install plugs with nitrile or latex gloves. OTW youll get flashover the boot to the plug base nut and high misfire counts in high humidity.

yeah just a little condensation when the engine is totally cooled off. inside is dry, maybe super tiny specs of condensation. But outside, you can see condensation around it.

This can be normal, as mentioned, from an overnight sit when the dewpoint is suitable. This is what I suspect, as my first guess.
There is also chance that something is spraying water/coolant on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back