Pureone 14610... 5K miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter came off of my 02 Civic EX. Overall it looks good. It may look like there's some very small tear in middle of the media, but that's from me trying to pull the filter out. This is my first P1, and I think I will stick with the ST for 5K run, since it's about half the price.

dscn2546q.jpg

dscn2550.jpg

dscn2549.jpg

dscn2548.jpg

dscn2547.jpg

dscn2551a.jpg

Yes, it does look good. How long (time) was this OCI, and what kind of oil?

Running the same filter on a year OCI with QS syn on 3.0L Accord. Looks as good as that, I'll be very pleased.

Thanks for posting.

Good pics. Looks just like the PL14610 with 5K off of an '09 Accord I posted. Instead of a ST you could run a purolator Classic. I think these small filters are not ecore so I'd be my choice ahead of a Fram.

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
Good pics. Looks just like the PL14610 with 5K off of an '09 Accord I posted. Instead of a ST you could run a purolator Classic. I think these small filters are not ecore so I'd be my choice ahead of a Fram.

The ST for my app is non E-core, that's one of the reason i'm going back to it. I had good results with past ST that were cut open. Unless I find some good deal or Purolator classic or P1 then i'll stick with it.

Last edited:
The Purolator Classic is highly similar to the the ST's brother STP. 100% of the $2.84 for an ST stays in this country. Who knows how much of the $3.49 for a Purolator ends up in Germany? At least you know where $.65 of it will stay if you buy ST.

Originally Posted By: labman
The Purolator Classic is highly similar to the the ST's brother STP. 100% of the $2.84 for an ST stays in this country. Who knows how much of the $3.49 for a Purolator ends up in Germany? At least you know where $.65 of it will stay if you buy ST.

How do you know STP doesn't have some foreign ties? ... let's see some proof to backup your statement.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
I would not spend the money on a PureOne for only 5K miles

I do ... $5 isn't gonna kill me instead of paying $2.89 for some filter that may fail in use. Basic logic.

$5 for 5000 miles ... that's costing me 1/10 cent per mile. Pretty pricey.
lol.gif

That's one of the reason i'm going back to ST. Just wanted to try it out and see how it is.

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa

instead of paying $2.89 for some filter that may fail in use. Basic logic.

I don't think the ST 73717 has any more chance of failing compared to the P1 that i just cut open. This is the last one i open up, and there's not even the slightest sign that it might fail in 5K.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1531376&page=1

What I like about the Pureones is that it seems their ADBV is far more robust than most other filters. On my 1989 Honda Accord i've had Fram, Napa, and Microgard filters all cause a distinct clatter on startup and a delay in the oil light going out. Meanwhile with the Pureone (PL14459 in my case) the oil light is out the instant the starter stops cranking, that alone makes it worth the money to me.

I would choose the PureOne over the ST just because of the other ChampLabs filters we've seen with failures lately. Yes, the ST7317 is not the flawed Ecore design, but I wonder if it uses the same media we've seen blown out on some of the Ecores? Plus, it is not as efficient as the P1, and the P1 has the better silicone ADBV. The P1 is obviously a better filter, and for me paying $2 more is worth it.

Not ment in any sexual way but...
Disagree.jpg

Originally Posted By: Troy_Built

Not ment in any sexual way but...
Disagree.jpg

I think anything sexual is the last thing on my mind when i saw that pic.

So you wouldn't want great filtration specs in them 5K?

i know i would but thats me....

Originally Posted By: Silver02ex

That's one of the reason i'm going back to ST. Just wanted to try it out and see how it is.

Better hope that ST isn't an Ecrape, or goes Escrap in the future.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: labman
It is not like P1's never fail too.

Show me any link to a hard failure of a PureONE. Not some whimpy fuzz on a pleat that looks like the media is breaking up ... but a compete blow-out or implosion of the center tube or burst can or ???, etc.

If there is proof of such failures out there, I'd certainly be interested in having a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back