New Pennzoil Conventional Bottle/New Formula???

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I upload the Pic to the website???

Last edited:
sounds like the add pack in the new stuff maybe what the old add pack in PP was. Considering that PP is kind of a redheaded stepchild now with Ultra out, it wouldnt surprise me that they might tweek the pack with PYB.

Very interesting. I changed mine earlier this week with a gallon jug I picked up from Wal-Mart. Just went out to the garage to take a look and it says it only removes 15% of sludge on first oil change. Bummer. Would have preferred to snag this new batch.

I'd be curious to see a VOA on the new stuff to see exactly what has changed.

Sounds like a possible idea, upgrading the Platinum cleaning additives into the "original" oil, per se; since I hear they will be dropping the Platinum line? My local WM hasn't gotten the new packaging in yet.

Find it odd though why they market so much on "sludge cleanup" and such....but most QuickLubes are using "bulk" Pennzoil product, and these QuickLubes are generally putting 3k/3mo. OCIs on those oil change stickers (unless they request otherwise ^^ lol, I do heh) - if the customers are getting Pennzoil oil changes every 3k (which, some have deemed very redundant, and wasteful, etc...previously around the Internet/oil world lol) what's the real need for all this "cleaning" power? :)

Unless they are just trying to pick up the slack for the percentage of customers who ignore their Odometers, and the window oil change sticker above their head when they jump in their vehicle..? :)

Price bump? Only 10w-30? If it meets any of the GF-5 tests, it should say so on the back of the bottle.

GF-5 is suppose to keep engines cleaner so this could be it.

No spec change still SM/GF4, I was assuming because of the new claim that it may meet the new requirements. When I called SOPUS they claimed that they are going to have PYB meet the new standards. All other grades were sold out and priced at 12.50 same price as before. One side note is that OS Advanced Durability is up to 10.50 now. Other prices seem to be climbing like valvoline, but castrol products were down in price. Impressive bottle, it caught my attention with the claim: 40% sludge clean up on the first change.

Wheres Johnny? He will clarify this with one of his sources.

OP. Can you put the pic on imageshack.us if you have a bigger pic?

Very interesting. Pennzoil conventional now meets SN/GF-5. API SN is still not set in stone, especially the non-ILSAC grades. 10w-40 meets API SN. Hmm.

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_X_cbe_24855_key_140003463601_201003012040.pdf

Edit: Second page
Quote:
Cleans out up to 40% of engine sludge in the 1st oil change. Continues to clean in the 2nd oil change*

You sure it didn't say anything about GF-5? Officially, any SN/GF-5 oil is still SM/GF-4. The donut has to say API SM. The text in tiny print can say whatever they want. That's where it would mention GF-5/SN. I don't know why they wouldn't claim GF-5 specs with a new sticker and reformulation. Are they going to reformulate again in a few months??

Edit: I guess I answered my question.

Last edited:
newpennzoilconventional.jpg

I have sent an email to my contact but since this is the Easter weekend I do not expect to hear anything until at least Monday. Anyway the OP can post an expanded view of that bottle (i.e. where we can see the whole thing) and can a good close up of the back label be posted?

The SOPUS site has this new PDF on their portal. It states it is GF5/SN. Perhaps that's what this is? It states it cleans 40% of junk out as well.

The specs don't appear to the those of Pennzoil Platinum, rather just a new formulation for GF5/SN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back