New LawnBoy mowers with 2 cycle engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
I know we're not discussing the 4-stroke LB's, but anyway....I love the looks of the LB push mowers that The Home Depot is now selling. If I had $400+ to blow on a new push mower, one of those shiny green LB's would be on my short list. Either that or a Honda.
I usually avoid Home Depot seems they have low quality merchandise but that may be me.

Fired up my 1989 LawnBoy 4 1/2 hp mower this morning for the first time this year. It has a steel deck and is good as new, you just have to rinse it out periodiacally and it doesn't rust. I use 40:1 mix in the LawnBoy and the Homelite string trimmer.
Another real advantage of a 2 cycle mower is it's ability to mow on a grade (hill) and not starve for oil...

The last generation Duraforce 2-stroke LB engines have a real bad surging problem. Carb is jetted real lean. The problem gets even worse with the E10 ethanol gas we get nowawdays. I forget the specifics on the jet sizes, but if you a get pilot jet from the Toro snow thrower that will do the trick to fatten it up on the bottom end. I think the jet part number is 81-1030.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back