Dang Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gas will go high again and the market will crash because of it.
Everything is tied into oil / everything.

Last time it went to 4.00 plus and people sold off their gas guzzlers, one is not likely to sell the recent purchased vehicle to again buy a gas guzzler so that is one segment that will never buy GASOLINE IN VOLUME AGAIN .
THEY WILL NEVER LEARN .
They are cutting their own throats .

Expect gas prices to head back up to over four bucks again cuz today the price per barrel of oil is over $82!!!!!

In addition many european countries are fighting among themselves as they try to stableize the governement of Greece cuz the Euro is dropping.

In my mind because of these two issues I'm thinking regular gasoline might rise again to and easy four bucks!!!

Start picking up the penniew off the ground if you run accross them AGAIN.

Yesterday here regular unleaded @ Sam's Club was $2.60 and 93 Octane was $2.83. Quite a bit higher than last year @ this time!

Not much we can do about it other than keep vehicle maintenance up. Clean air filter. Tire pressure, consolidation of trips, and driving less aggressively.

I check the tires every couple of weeks in the morning before our vehicles are driven and run a couple of pounds more air pressure than recommended on the drivers side door jam.

We run 5W20 Synthetic oil (as recommended) in both vehicles too which may help just a bit.

Big problem here is that fuel now is up to 10% ethanol. We use a UCL every time we buy fuel too.

SrDriver,

Your prices in your region is cheap comapred to us Californians now!!! The infamous Shell station in my area is a whopping:

$3.60/ gallon of regular

$3.75/ gallon of mid-grade

$3.90/ gallon of supreme

Heck dude I wish we had your prices! :-(

Durango

2.95 in my area. And as mentioned by someone, ethanol IS a huge problem. That stuff is a freakin joke. I work in the fuel buziness and i can tell you its a waste. Yes, cars burn just a bit cleaner with 10% ethanol, but you wont get the mileage that you can get with just straight gasoline. Thus, we all burn more of it in the long run.

Not to mention the cost to produce it and the amount of gas and diesel it takes to produce it. Costs more to make than sells for or benefits environment. Several ethanol companies that my company buys from have gone under because of this. It will be awhile before congress admits they screwed up with ethanol, but i doubt it will go away. Which is unfortunate

Originally Posted By: jetblacknismo
Costs more to make than sells for or benefits environment. Several ethanol companies that my company buys from have gone under because of this. It will be awhile before congress admits they screwed up with ethanol, but i doubt it will go away.

If it costs more to make (even with all the gov't subsidies) than what the producers can sell it for, to the point that the producers are going bankrupt, then why do you doubt it will go away?

From your description, it sounds like the problem is solving itself.

Originally Posted By: Samilcar
Originally Posted By: jetblacknismo
Costs more to make than sells for or benefits environment. Several ethanol companies that my company buys from have gone under because of this. It will be awhile before congress admits they screwed up with ethanol, but i doubt it will go away.

If it costs more to make (even with all the gov't subsidies) than what the producers can sell it for, to the point that the producers are going bankrupt, then why do you doubt it will go away?

From your description, it sounds like the problem is solving itself.

Because people are freaking out about global warming. You just have to tell them something will burn cleaner(and ethanol blended fuels do) and they will disregard any and all other research and facts.

Last edited:
2.90 here...

My gut says it's only up from here. I don't think we'll ever see 2.50 gas again either....

No one gives a rat's butt about the economy (neither does China)

Stock up on the Vasoline while you can.....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ursae_Majoris
Originally Posted By: Vikas
I am surprised that gas costs $3.28 in Alaska. I guess when state sends thousands of dollars of checks to every resident, the money has to come from somewhere :)

- Vikas

You do not have a clue what PFD is do you???
Read up first before running your mouth off. PFD checks come only out of PFD fund earnings, tied to a 5-year average performance. PFD principal is in the constitutionally protected account (Feds could learn from it as far as Social Security goes). It just so happens that our State Constitution was set up by smarter/business savvy people than a lot of Lower 48 Constitutions. PFD amount is not guaranteed, I've seen it as low a couple of hundred dollars. And we do pay taxes on it.

Do not even go to a "bridge to nowhere". Feds locked up 97% of the Alaskan land in one nature/oil/spotted owl preserve or another. Take off the handcuffs and let us develop our own economy, we won't need the pork. If Lower 48 politicians deny us the right to economic development, then they have to support Alaska financially.
Dont get so hostile there-Wow. Most of us dont know how it works up there, the press doesnt tell us that part. But, I do want to say I apprieate your enthusism and "Go get em attitude. I was always under the impression we purchased Alaska for its rich resources, a industrial trough to run our country and energy, packed with resources. It makes me as mad as you that we somehow labeled it a wildlife preserve instead of its original purpose. Harvesting Alaska would be good for you and the rest of the country.

We just crossed $1/litre here ($3.78/gallon) in Ottawa.

This is just the beginning - in July, the 'HST' hits in Ontario, and we have to start paying 8% more on gas overnight. We most likely won't EVER see prices below $1/litre.

addguy,

We live in a world where corporations come first over anything or for that matter anybody. All they want is your money for a product that you burn up weekly. They know you have no choice in the matter. You see/view internet sites that give you info regarding Top Tier gas that indicates your buying the best possible for the money. That's OK as it's your pocket. After a while the price will get to you and you'll feel it might not be worth it. I buy what I can afford and toss in a bottle of Techron or Redline to give it more detergency every other month.

Anyway you can save is a plus in you pocket. Better to put food in your mouth instead of expensive gas like Shell etc.

Durango

Originally Posted By: Durango

addguy,

We live in a world where corporations come first over anything or for that matter anybody. All they want is your money for a product that you burn up weekly. They know you have no choice in the matter. You see/view internet sites that give you info regarding Top Tier gas that indicates your buying the best possible for the money. That's OK as it's your pocket. After a while the price will get to you and you'll feel it might not be worth it. I buy what I can afford and toss in a bottle of Techron or Redline to give it more detergency every other month.

Anyway you can save is a plus in you pocket. Better to put food in your mouth instead of expensive gas like Shell etc.

Durango

Oh, I'm sure people won't be paying at the pump this summer....

Hi Guys n Gals,

The last time I heard is that the US dollar is getting stronger against the Euro and the price of oil per barrel is getting cheaper which translates into cheaper gas prices at the pump. Give it a month and we should begin to see a drop in price.

If you haven't noticed lately Europes financial structure is falling apart because of Greece so that why why the Euro is dropping like a rock.

Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back