Cooper CS4 making my car pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put the stored Coopers back on and my car pulled moderately left. Swapped them and now it pulls slightly right.

FYI

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I'd prefer 'slightly right' over 'moderately left'...

crackmeup2.gif

Center may be better
56.gif

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Give me left pull anyday..

Left pull into oncoming traffic?

You sure about that?

IIRC, all cars (new) have a very slight pull right for that reason; better you kill yourself hitting a tree than yourself and whoever else is in the car coming the other way.

It's barely perceivable now. It still doesn't feel right though. Driving on these things is torture compared to the Michelin HydroEdge that came off.

Are they worn the same? I've had this sort of thing because I had newer tires on one side compared to the other. When I got the newer tires on the same axle, the car tracked in a straight line.

Check the obvious, air pressure. You may have tires that are higher or lower than others.

OK, just checking.

What has changed since you pulled them off? If they were fine before and now you have pulling, then if the tires are the same, the cause has to be external.

Maybe the pull was already there, but masked by the tires you just took off?

Some things to try that I can think of:

I'm assuming you have for tires, so rotate front to back on one side and see what changes.

Put the previous tires on swapping sides. I.E. the tire that was on the FL goes to FR and FR to RL and ditto for the rears. Does anything change in the handling of the car?

Maybe get it down to a pair. Put a pair of the previous tires back on in their original positions and see if it gets better or worse.

You have lots of permutations and combinations to try to see if the problem is the tires or something with the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back