Which caliper: A1 Cardone or Raybestos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the loaded calipers from RockAuto. Keep in mind that to get the core charge you have to ship back the calipers on your dime which is a killer.

Originally Posted By: Spartuss
Originally Posted By: SLCraig
This isn't exactly going with the grain of your thread, but.. I just put a new set of rear calipers on my '02 Maxima, I went with Napa re-mans. I have also used them on my fathers '00 Maxima, and my previous '97 Saturn with nary an issue.

They're inexpensive, and their loaded calipers are ready to go and work great.

Just thought I'd throw that into the mix...

Thanks for sharing. Do the Napa calipers come with a Lifetime warranty? How is the coating holding up on these? Any rust?

They have some sort of coating on them. They haven't even seen wetness yet, so there is no rust on them (4-5 days ago I installed them) but they definitely have some sort of coating on them, clearcoat, whatever it may be.

I don't know what the warranty is actually, I just went with the best price that was in stock locally.

I used the A-1 Cardone calipers on the front of both of my 92 cavaliers and they have worked fine. On one of the cars they have been on for almost four years and the other one had had them on for two years. I also think thats the brand I used on the front of my 98 K3500 truck. NO problems so far.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: Chris142
stay away from any thing A1 remanufactured.

So true. I've actually never seen anything GOOD made by them. Atleast Raybestos is in the brake industry and makes very good products - my vote is Raybestos.

Gotta agree. Cardone is to auto parts what McDonalds is to health food. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back