B-12 ChemTool vs SeaFoam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one do you Prefer, and can they both be used int eh Same Way (Vacuum System AND Oil AND Gas in One Can?)

I picked up a can of B-12 ChemTool because it was less than SeaFoam and ive used SeaFoam before, so im asking fo rthe Insight here when i go to Clean out my Systems is B-12 ChemTool is an acceptable Alternative, or if i shoudl Return it. Thanks.

Both have their purposes. Both with very different applications. Seafoam is best for a gradual flush (1.5 oz per qt of oil capacity in the crankcase, not driven more than 3000 miles with the Seafoam in the crankcase; must monitor the oil color weekly (or every time you pump gas) and if the oil gets too dark, even before that 3k, change the Oil and Filter).

Where as B-12 CHEMTOOL....I'd personally only use it in the tank. It appears Berryman stopped labeling the product for use as an intake cleaner....I've seen some archaic images of CHEMTOOL cans touting it for intake and crankcase cleaning, but not anymore. Likely, their molotov cocktail was/is just too harsh/strong for "guaranteed" (i.e.: no customer damages occurred) use in the crankcase and/oil intake.

Infact, browsing their products page, I don't see anything that is labeled for use inside the crankcase. Though, they do have an aerosol Air Intake Cleaner to be sprayed into the intake to clean the butterfly and everything after that.

If it were me, B-12 Chemtool in the tank, and Seafoam in the crankcase and through the intake. If that's what you are asking.

Originally Posted By: ahoier
It appears Berryman stopped labeling the product for use as an intake cleaner....I've seen some archaic images of CHEMTOOL cans touting it for intake and crankcase cleaning, but not anymore.

That's because it's now a throttle body cleaner:

0117.gif

Originally Posted By: ahoier
It appears Berryman stopped labeling the product for use as an intake cleaner....I've seen some archaic images of CHEMTOOL cans touting it for intake and crankcase cleaning, but not anymore.

I can still get those bottles at the car quest near me. I have one in the cabinet now. I used it as a flush a month ago. I think it is one of the most effective flushed out there but not idiot proof like say seafoam where you can leave it in the crankcase and not do damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back