Ignition timing 2001 Accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen conflicting information on setting the timing on my 2001 Honda Accord 4 cyl. (F23 I think) I have read it is controlled by the computer and no adjustment is needed. My Chilton's book says to jump two terminals on a connector somewhere under the dash (I haven't found it) and set with a timing light.

Anyone know about setting the timing on this car?

When you jump two terminals on a connector somewhere under the dash you set BASE timing. The computer sets running timing when you remove the jumper. I would not fool with it unless some major work has been done.

millerbl00- That makes sense. This alleviates concern that I have neglected adjusting it for the last 9 years/195K miles.

Unplug the battery, make sure you got your radio code, install new plugs and/or coils, then reconnect battery and fire up the engine. Computer will adjust.

when i replaced the distributor on my f22 accord 1995 i remember jumping the terminal (right under glovebox) and using my timing light to adjust the timing.

If the distributor hasn't been turned to alter the timing, then you don't need to re-time it.

Anyway, many of friends would just turn their distributor to maximum advance, and let the knock sensor retard the timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back