The beloved Shell Rotella T6 is not available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Yes
frown.gif
, I have been searching for days to no avail. And the more I read the folks in here talk about how good it is the more i feel bad not being able to find it and quench my Jeeps thirst.

All shell has in United Arab Emirates is Helix, Rimula and some Rotella but not T6.

http://www.epc.shell.com/

Which of the top oils is the most equivalent to Rotella T6 fully synthetic.

I'm not sure if i did my homework well, but some people say that Rimula is Rotella outside the US. But more trustworthy articles say that's not the case. Remula is more for Diesel engines while Rotella T6 can be used for both. You know best.
My jeep is limited 2000 Grand cherokee 4.0

Your help is very much appreciated.
Thank you.

The T-6 designation is new and is, perhaps, a marketing or label upgrade.
If you have Rotella synthetic there-it IS T-6.
Helix is good too.

According to Shell, Rimula is designed for diesel trucks but can be used in gas vehicles too.
Australia specs.

Last edited:
Your Helix Ultra would be close to the T-6 over here. Might even be better for you Jeep. If you can get Helix Ultra I would use that for sure.

Heck, they're all really close. I've never seen that before with a 0w40, 5w30 and a 5w40. Strange how the 0w40 product is thicker at 40C and 100C, with only a 3 degree difference in pour point,and everything else is the same.

Then Helix ultra it is.

I stand and salute you guys. Thank you for the quick response.
Gonna go buy this stuff first thing in the morning. Before that, I'm going to jump to the oil filter forum to find a good filter that works best with it..I'm thinking Mobil 1 brand wise, lets see what the experts think. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back