Pennzoil Filters (PZ37)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been considering buying a case of Pennzoil filters at just over $2 each. They would be used on an 06 Subaru with the 2.5 turbocharged engine. Intervals are short, normally less than 4k miles. From what Ive gathered they are currently made by Purolator but at one time may have been rebadged Frams. I was hoping to see if anybody has pictures of a recent Pennzoil PZ37 cut open. Since the OEM filters are now Frams Ive been looking for a better value filter option. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Here is a possible better idea and a way to get a better filter...A Pureolator PureOne.

Purolator usually has a special or promotion in the late spring or early summer. Just check their website once in awhile (pureoil.com).

When the promotion appears ($2 mail-in rebate for PureOnes filters), go to Amazon and order your PureOne filers there. Amazon price is $9.48 for two. Order six or more and you'll get free shipping. After receiving them, mail in the rebate...

Crunching the numbers;

6 PureOnes from Amazon $ 28.44
Purolator Rebate (6) $ 12.00
_________
$ 16.44 or $ 2.74 per filter

A great buy for a great filter !

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DC84
Ive been considering buying a case of Pennzoil filters at just over $2 each. They would be used on an 06 Subaru with the 2.5 turbocharged engine. Intervals are short, normally less than 4k miles. From what Ive gathered they are currently made by Purolator but at one time may have been rebadged Frams. I was hoping to see if anybody has pictures of a recent Pennzoil PZ37 cut open. Since the OEM filters are now Frams Ive been looking for a better value filter option. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The ones I've seen recently are from Purolator. Its most likely some variant or identical to the L14612. Checkers Auto sells them. You might want to try one (or a L14612) before you buy a whole case. I gave the PL14612 a run last year and it leaked on my 2008 Subaru. Maybe I just had a bad one (and it did have a ton of overspray), but I've been sticking with OEM since then on that particular vehicle.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
But not PureOnes....theres a difference

Who said they were PureOnes? They are made by Purolator and are similar if not identical to the Purolator Classic. A good filter at a good price.

PureOnes are a excellent oil filter, of course with the additional cost and a rebate that of yet does not exist. With the short OCI's on turbo Subaru's the standard Purolator will do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back