Best 2-Stroke oil? Recommended additives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSSKIER pushing is the key switch activates an electric fuel silinoid causing it to open. A splash of raw fuel is injected into the carb body(after you prime the inline bulb) If it is pushed is and then engine is cranked it will inject even more fuel into the carbs using to fuel pump. This is a primer. The lever on top of the control box is a fast idle control. Most outboard engines that are remote controlled (a steering wheel) have no choke.
As for oil make certain it says "TWC3 certified" if it is anything other than yamalube. I noticed that the xd50 I use in my 2001 Jhonson 60 carb. says something like TWC3 complient or something like that and there is no twc3 stamp anywhere on the bottle. Because it is OMC oil I use it. Also Ive noticed that there seems to be an advantage to using the manufactures oil. Every repair or warrenty story I have heard where the owner was using something other than their oil, the mechanic would say that the failure was because they were not using "our stuff"!
Even if the failure was caused by, for example, coolant restriction. They would still cover the repair under warrenty. Then they always say use "our stuff or you will be back" after the repair. Uh-huh. Oh you will be back alright...to buy more oil.

Yes, you are correct, most newer motors enrich the starting mixture by injecting fuel directly. Older motors used a solenoid and mechanical choke plates and linkages.

I use the term "choke" generically, both systems are accomplishing the same goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back