Ford 2011 6.2 Gas Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be in the market for a heavy duty truck over the next couple of years. For my purposes I've pretty much ruled out a diesel because of cost. I know there is not much detail on the new 6.2 for 2011, but wondering if anyone has opinion based on what has been released. Is it a good design? I'm liking what I see so far on the rest of the truck wrapped around the engine. Should it be at least as good as the current modulars? I'm wondering if it will be worth waiting for.

Giving yourself a few years before you buy gives you time to allow Ford to work out any bugs that may come about. If i had the money ill buy diesel...isnt diesel about 3-5K more.

Originally Posted By: WagonBoss
I may be in the market for a heavy duty truck over the next couple of years. For my purposes I've pretty much ruled out a diesel because of cost. I know there is not much detail on the new 6.2 for 2011, but wondering if anyone has opinion based on what has been released. Is it a good design? I'm liking what I see so far on the rest of the truck wrapped around the engine. Should it be at least as good as the current modulars? I'm wondering if it will be worth waiting for.

If Ford has learned anything, then I would trust the 6.2 to be a pretty solid engine.

The Ford line of SuperDuties Rule the Roost in the HD Truck Kingdom! Ford's new 6.2 Boss & 6.7 PowerStroke will only make things even better! I have a Ford Truck & absolutely Love it!

The 6.2 is actually an "old" design. Shelved when they decided to reduce the bore size to make the engine shorter. Hence the Modular was born.

I would expect it to be very capable.

I really hope Ford uses this current economic state to "widen the gap" between their competitors.

This 2001 F150 is my fourth Ford truck. I would seriously have a hard time buying anything else. I hope to buy a 6.7L in a few years but would also consider the 6.2L.

only major issue with ford trucks are the suspension components in the HD's, the lack of power from the engines and the 6.0/6.4 being junk. otherwise they're fairly good trucks.

The 6.2 Boss is basically a Modular setup on a 115 mm bore spacing, all of those familiar Modular traits are there. My guess is the 6.2 is going to be pretty much bullet-proof.

People are already getting 375-380 cfm out of the 6.2 heads with mild porting (they flow around 330 cfm stock) and stock valve size. They'll take a 2.165" intake valve too.

6.2%20head%203.jpg
6.2%20head%201.jpg
6.2%20head%202.jpg

I don't know what the exterior dimensions are yet, but the 6.2 assembly (minus AC compressor) weighs 580 lbs. The new 5.0L weighs 430 lbs.

The Coyote heads outflow the Boss heads across the board according to Mike Harrison too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back