If you could get a good deal.....(Cooper tire ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be what sends me over to Cooper (over michelin).

I can get a "nice" deal on the following tires:

Starfire SF340- Unless I'm on a serious budget, these are not going to happen. I've look them over, good basic tire. (40k warranty (440 A B)

Lifeliner GLS- I like this one fits in the middle. I don't put many miles on this car, so the 60k warranty would be just fine.
(540 A B) Looks sporty, comapare well to the wife's Kelly Navs. Also T rated.

CS4- only 40 bucks more. I like them, though I wonder if they will be too much for a 14 inch tire. Tires will probably tire rot before they ever see the (80k warranty 740 A B)80k mile mark.

This tires will be the last set of 14s I put on this car. Next set will be a rim/tire combo (15s or 16s)

Which would would work best for this car? (04 Cavalier 195/70/14)

They are highly recommended by Uncle Kens tire. I like the tread on the life liner for Michigan roads and have owned the older version many years ago. Loved them. Try uncle kens tire on telegraph near 6 mile. They are old pro's that used to work at Discount/ Belle. For 185 65 14 's this fall they wanted I think $280 out the door. Discount and Belle were more but would match prices. Goodrich at Costco were $68 each and a $60 rebate if you wait a bit. Still liked the coopers best.

I would go with the Lifeliner, they are a great midrange value tire. Nice tread pattern, quiet and a quality tire.

Last edited:
I put Cooper CS4's with 60,000 mile warranty on my Saturn SL2. Had HydroEdge Michelins. The CS4 are better in snow, have been quiet, and give a good ride on the highway. They balanced fine. So far, I am very happy with them.

Originally Posted By: MONKEYMAN
I put Cooper CS4's with 60,000 mile warranty on my Saturn SL2. Had HydroEdge Michelins. The CS4 are better in snow, have been quiet, and give a good ride on the highway. They balanced fine. So far, I am very happy with them.

H or T rated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back