CraigsList not working correctly any more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All
I have a Dell PC with Vista. We use Att-yahoo to connect (and for email) and internet explorer to browse the web.

It used to be that when in Craigslist, I could click on the respond to link, and I would be brought to my att-yahoo email (new mail) with the for-sale item in the subject line.

Now, however, Vista tries to open 'outlook express', (not my default email) and then DOES open word-for-windows, allowing me to type my reply to the seller in a word doc. I suppose I would need to cut and paste the email address into a new mail.

The little bit of info I can find on this leads me to believe that att-yahoo has modified my I.E. session, and screwed something up. resetting IE back to all defaults did not clear up the problem.

Any ideas? I'd like to be able to click 'respond' to seller in the CL ad, and be taken to att-yahoo email.

Thanks

Dale

There should be something in IE's "internet options" for "default mail client".

I figure it's more likely microsoft screwed up your internet settings with some sort of upgrade.

Here's how to fix your problem:

Open IE
Click the Tools menu at the top or the icon that looks like a gear (Depends on how yours is configured)
Select 'Options'
Select the 'Programs' tab
Open the drop-down menu next to the word 'E-Mail' and select your preferred client. If you don't know which one it is start from the top and try each setting until you get one that does what you expect when an email link is clicked.

Another way to set it:
Open Add-Remove Programs
Click the icon that says, "Set Program Access and Defaults"
Click the radio button next to "Custom"
Find the heading that says, "Choose a Default E-Mail Program"
Click the radio button next to the name of your preferred client.
Click the "OK" Button.

Thank you for the hints, I will give them a try tonight when I get home. I do not have a good feeling about this. If my ver weak memory serves, the default E-Mail program is set to Yahoo.

But I will check again,

Thanks, I will let you know.

A gal at work here also uses att-yahoo for her ISP. She tells me that recently, att-yahoo recommended (forced?) her to do 'some' upgrade. To the mail program? To IE-8? I hope not. Dont want to go there.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
ATT now uses Yahoo mail for all ATT accounts. It does force you to use it. It makes sense...but why Yahoo? Why not Google or MSN or others...choices should be given but alas, you have one choice, Yahoo.

Or not use ATT mail at all...

Hi Greenaccord02

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Here's how to fix your problem:

Open IE
Click the Tools menu at the top or the icon that looks like a gear (Depends on how yours is configured)
Select 'Options'
Select the 'Programs' tab
Open the drop-down menu next to the word 'E-Mail' and select your preferred client. If you don't know which one it is start from the top and try each setting until you get one that does what you expect when an email link is clicked.

Another way to set it:
Open Add-Remove Programs
Click the icon that says, "Set Program Access and Defaults"
Click the radio button next to "Custom"
Find the heading that says, "Choose a Default E-Mail Program"
Click the radio button next to the name of your preferred client.
Click the "OK" Button.

yessir, that did the trick. Thank you thank you.
Eljefino mentioned that MS might have messed up my settings during an upgrade.
I would bet that to be true!

Thanks again.

Dale

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back