GT radial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to stop to get my wife's tire checked today, so I stopped at the local tire shop.

They are very big on both Cooper and GT Radial tires.

They were putting some GT Maxtours on a Cobalt while I was there. Another customer waiting with me actually has them on his Civic, and he was bargging about them. He even knew that Michelin owns part of the company. It was kinda strange.

Anybody tired these tires? I've never put a thought into them, but now my co worker just asked me about them too.....

Are they really much cheaper than others? they are as "china" as it gets - and no proven track record that I am aware of. personally I would choose a better-known tire: even a private label, Kumho, Yokohama, etc. I probably should bow outa here - I'm a little biased against China-managed companies; I'm cool with manufacturing there if the plant is owned, managed by a outsider with a proven track record of quality and integrity...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tomcat27
Are they really much cheaper than others? they are as "china" as it gets - and no proven track record that I am aware of. personally I would choose a better-known tire: even a private label, Kumho, Yokohama, etc. I probably should bow outa here - I'm a little biased against China-managed companies; I'm cool with manufacturing there if the plant is owned, managed by a outsider with a proven track record of quality and integrity...

As far as I know. They seem to run around the same price range as Cooper and Kunho.....and they are running a 5 year warranty on them too. Not bad, it would seem.
21.gif

they're probably just fine. the tread pattern looks decent enuf. I'm just always a skeptic - but not totally against trying an unknown. I have run two sets of Kumho's and am very impressed with the build quality. takes almost no weight to balance them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back