formula shell 5w30, 7586 miles, 1zzfe

Status
Not open for further replies.
2pop537.jpg

thirty mile commute each way from one end of dallas county to the other right through town. Powerflo SL14476 oil filter. The previous uoa was a run of Rotella 10w30

looks good a 8,000 mile oci's might be perfect for you with that oil try it with a different oil filter(Pureone/Toughgaurd) and see if the silicon drops a little

All those wear numbers are within the "noise" readings. I hope my uoa comes back looking this good.

Shell Formula PCMO has a lot more Molybdenum according to Petroleum Quality Institute of America.

Is this the right oil or maybe older bottle.

The last few I've seen on here, FS has had drastically reduced moly #s. Maybe they reformulated? (for the record, they've both been blackstone reports...)

FS seems to always show really low single digit numbers in normally aspirated, mechanically sound engines. Always shears a little, but always great numbers. Impressive oil for the price with a reasonable OCI. The numbers don't lie, but I don't like the idea of pushing conventional past 7k. You have the right commute!

The numbers look great, but I agree I wouldn't generally push dino past 5K. The long highway commutes and mild weather made it possible here. I like to keep the TBN above 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back