lug nut painting question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to get stainless steel cover lugnuts for our impala (have the center caps on it) but they cost too much. I decided when/if spring ever comes to paint the chrome lugnuts and just deal with touching up the paint every so often. My question is should I bother trying the "chrome" finish paint with clear, or just use gloss black which I already have plenty of?

I'm leaning towards the black.
21.gif

Black all the way. Chrome will not really look like chrome. Sometimes at Big Lots or one of those liquidator places you can pick up stainless covered nuts cheap. I picked up a set of Gorilla lugs $5 for 20 a few years ago.

Mine are rusted real bad, My Saab has wheel bolts, so finding nice shiney new ones cheap is impossible, but I have found some real nice black plastic head covers, they look good and are cheap. They have a little reoval tool too! Just an idea.

Where from? I've gone bat(crazy) trying to find suitable/fitting ones for our car (03 impala). I relplaced the worn original lugnuts with chrome plated extended casing ones and the casing is what rusted really bad. If I can find proper covers I'd buy regular lugnuts like were on it originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back