Maybe it;s just me, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed a huge increase in Cooper tires around here, with the CS4 being the most popular one.

And all different cars, too. Cavalier, Caravan, Civic, Focus, Impala, Sportage, and a BMW, just to name a few I've seen.

Granted, I can see a few reasons: Cheaper, made in the USA, and many Indy tire shops around here. But still, It surprises me a little....

Is it just my area? Anybody seeing an increase too?

I guess the battle wipe the garbage tires around here is in progress....

Cooper has come a long way in the past couple of years. I believe about every tire has been changed for the better. The prices are great and they allow great margins for shops.

I've run Coopers for many years and like em'. Ya, you are right, I've seen more Cooper ATR's on trucks and SUV's than any other tire in my area. Everyone I've talked to about the ATR's love them. Gonna fit a set on my Nissan X-terra soon too.

Cooper tires are very uncommon around here. I see two or three sets a month, at most.

Around here, at least in the more affluent neighborhoods, Michelin is the #1 brand. Followed by BFG, Kumho, Sumitomo and Bridgestone.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Cooper tires are very uncommon around here. I see two or three sets a month, at most.

Around here, at least in the more affluent neighborhoods, Michelin is the #1 brand. Followed by BFG, Kumho, Sumitomo and Bridgestone.

That's because most people in your area only buy name brand....

I run Cooper Discoverer ATR's on my 2004 Silverado. They seem to be holding up very well. Will buy more in the future as I need them. The girlfriend has Cooper CS4's on her 2005 Grand Prix and loves them.

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
I run Cooper Discoverer ATR's on my 2004 Silverado. They seem to be holding up very well. Will buy more in the future as I need them. The girlfriend has Cooper CS4's on her 2005 Grand Prix and loves them.

Just put some CS4's on the wife's 03 grand am and they seem to be a pretty good tire too.

I'm running some Cooper zeon sport a/s on my z-28. I've only used them during the winter so far but they seem pretty good. I've had different ones on another car in the past that worked well also.

cven,

Are you running the 245/50-16 Zeon sport size tire? Just wondering what your impressions are of this tire. I've been thinking of trying them on my Trans am.

Originally Posted By: ridgerunner
Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx

Just put some CS4's on the wife's 03 grand am and they seem to be a pretty good tire too.

Interesting how everyone likes the CS4s....I think they might be a bit much for my Cav....

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

Possibly, except that Michelin actually makes fantastic tires.

+1

True......

cven,

Are you running the 245/50-16 Zeon sport size tire? Just wondering what your impressions are of this tire. I've been thinking of trying them on my Trans am.

xtell.....Yep.. 245/50/16.... I've not driven very hard on the tires yet (only 2000 winter miles) but they seem good for the price. The only thing I've noticed that maybe a problem is there a bit loud on some types of pavement. I'd guess they are nothing like a true sports tire but I wanted something that was M/S rated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back