2002 MPV and Lube Control LC20 oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little backround. I travel from NYC to PA and back quite frequently and anyone who knows RT80, they're many inclines, which the MPV will downshift using the cruise control.

I hated that.

So, after doing some research, I was reading about Lube Control additives. Many good reviews on other forums (I won't mention) The LC20 is an oil additive which claims to mildly clean and add some 'slippery' to the oil. I decided to buy the LC20 and gas additive. Per instructions, I added 6 ounces to the oil. (6 ounces at oil change, then 1 ounce every 1K miles after) I also added 6 ounces to the tranny. It can also be added to the power steering but NOT the brakes.

Many here are going to be skeptical and that's to be expected. I can only share MY experiences.
(NOTE: I changed the oil using Pennzoil Platinum 5w-20. THEN, a week later, I added the LC20.)

RESULTS:

Before LC20 and gas additives:

My MPV will, without fail, downshift EVERY incline. From the slightest to the higher inclines.

After adding LC20 and gas additives:

My MPV downshifted ONCE and only on the STEEPEST incline. All the others, it never downshifted. That, to me, is fantastic. IMO, it reduces engine and tranny wear by not constantly fishing for the lower gears.

I also noticed the gas gauge. I know how much fuel I use from point A to point B and the needle stopped short at where it 'supposed' to be. Did I save fuel? I don't know. Possibly, but I'm very impressed of how the engine and tranny performed.

DISCLAIMER: I'M IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH LUBE CONTROL AND/OR HAS LUBE CONTROL PAID ME TO MAKE THESE CLAIMS. THESE CLAIMS ARE STRICTLY MINE.

I've driven that route from exit 53 to east stroudsburg MANY times and know it well. The inclines are plentiful, but other than one, none too severe. Sounds like the adds are milking all the energy you can from the fuel. Great!

"The inclines are plentiful, but other than one, none too severe. "

It's those less severe ones made the car down shift every time!

Annoying.

UPDATE:

Made four more round trips with the same results. Smooth inclines and NO down shifts except ONE steep incline.
34.gif

Shrooms,

Where did you find the dosage info for the ATF and PSF? I couldn't find it on their site.

Originally Posted By: ET16
Shrooms,

Where did you find the dosage info for the ATF and PSF? I couldn't find it on their site.

I contacted LCD and they told me to add 1 ounce per qt of LC20 in the tranny. Example: Tranny holds 8qts, add 8 ounces LC20. PWS is subjective. I just added a squirt. Eyeballed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back