READY for *U l t r a* oil change! ! ! ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after calling six Walmarts I found one with a guy who understands oil fever! I asked if they had the Ultra in. He said, YES!!! It was in the back, but he could get me whatever I wanted!!!
Saddly, I was at work at the time and he was off when I would be getting there. He told me to go to the Auto service counter, ask for Ken. He would have the oil in my weight behind the counter. Sure enough it was there! I looked at the oil isle aswell. PP normal price and no Ultra to be found.

Too, Pureolator just started making PureOne's for my application. So I am all set!!!

oil1.jpg

oil2s.jpg

Right on! So what is the buzz about this oil? My brother had mentioned this to me today. How did the Castrol Edge work out for you and where did you find 5W-30?

Ha! It's people like you (ie, insane) that make me feel better about people like me (ie, slightly touched in the head).

I mean, you called six Wally-Worlds? Then you had to "backdoor" it with a contact named "Ken?" Was he wearing a trench coat? Was the Ultra in a black briefcase? Was it handcuffed to him? Was the transaction done via clicks and grunts? Details, please!

Seriously though, if you're gonna go that far, you have to get a UOA done at the end of your run.

Originally Posted By: PurplePride
How does it taste?

A bit more sweeter than PP. But it has much less of an after taste. . . If your into curry, you'd like it!

Originally Posted By: mcallister
Right on! So what is the buzz about this oil? My brother had mentioned this to me today. How did the Castrol Edge work out for you and where did you find 5W-30?

Edge was good. Sadly the car was not driven as much as it usally is.
I will be sending it out soon for a UOA.

Originally Posted By: Mustang_Cougar
Ha! It's people like you (ie, insane) that make me feel better about people like me (ie, slightly touched in the head).

I mean, you called six Wally-Worlds? Then you had to "backdoor" it with a contact named "Ken?" Was he wearing a trench coat? Was the Ultra in a black briefcase? Was it handcuffed to him? Was the transaction done via clicks and grunts? Details, please!

Seriously though, if you're gonna go that far, you have to get a UOA done at the end of your run.

crackmeup2.gif

25.gif

-Dennis

Originally Posted By: tig1
Is that oil in the kitchen?

Why yes. Yes it is. Where else should I be tasteing it?!?!?!?!?!

Originally Posted By: Mustang_Cougar

All I had to do was let him rub my feet. I thought that was normal when buying oil????

Now I'm starting to get mad. Since I'm not in the most heavily populated area in the state you have to drive some to get to a Wal Mart. We do have a super center complete with a Sam's Club, then there is a small Wal Mart 17 miles north and two more super centers south, one 35 miles and one 65 miles. I drove to my local super center, no oil on the shelf or in the back room. Made long distance phone calls to the other three and nothing. They say good things come to those that wait, but I am an impatient man. Heck, if it's Anchorage in should be in Wausau. Oh well, glad you guys are starting to find it.

Interested in hearing your experiences.
Since it's in the same price ballpark as my current RP, I'd like to know how it goes.
Good luck!

Dang, the LS takes 7 quarts? That's cool though, my Mark VIII held 6. Let us know how you like it. I bought some today as well but it won't be going in for another few weeks.

Glad to see you back, haven't noticed any posts from you in a while.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Now I'm starting to get mad. Since I'm not in the most heavily populated area in the state you have to drive some to get to a Wal Mart. We do have a super center complete with a Sam's Club, then there is a small Wal Mart 17 miles north and two more super centers south, one 35 miles and one 65 miles. I drove to my local super center, no oil on the shelf or in the back room. Made long distance phone calls to the other three and nothing. They say good things come to those that wait, but I am an impatient man. Heck, if it's Anchorage in should be in Wausau. Oh well, glad you guys are starting to find it.

It is odd. 4 of the walmarts I called said no, they did not have it. (did they even look or know????)

2 said yes, but it was not for sale yet(one just said that, the other said it was not allowed to be sold)

The other one let me buy it.

PP is normal price. I am wondering if Pennzoil has given it's retailers a date to put Ultra on the the shelves and to discount PP at the same time . . . Or if PP will remain the same price. . .

Originally Posted By: panthermike
Dang, the LS takes 7 quarts? That's cool though, my Mark VIII held 6. Let us know how you like it. I bought some today as well but it won't be going in for another few weeks.

Yea, the LS takes 6.5 qts. It's only a 3.9L V8.
My F250 6.8L V10 only held 6 qts!!!

Will be sure to post how it is.

And yea. I have been REAL tied up with school and work. Plus my computer broke and I have been useing my laptop from work. Ofcourse it wont allow me on any forums!
So I try to get on to BITOG whenever I can.

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
Originally Posted By: panthermike

Yea, the LS takes 6.5 qts. It's only a 3.9L V8.
My F250 6.8L V10 only held 6 qts!!!

Will be sure to post how it is.

And yea. I have been REAL tied up with school and work. Plus my computer broke and I have been useing my laptop from work. Ofcourse it wont allow me on any forums!
So I try to get on to BITOG whenever I can.

I hear you there, I'm in the same boat, school and a full time job. Glad to be back in school though.

In before Bill states that $15 worth of SM dino will accomplish the same goal (low wear, 200,000+ miles).
wink.gif
grin2.gif

Awesome!.... Any information of note from the back label? Does it carry any ratings that PP does not?

Thanks for sharing your find!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back