BF GOODRICH or KUMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've bought the BF Goodrich Tires. After talking to some buddies and the Discount Tire people, I've since found out that the BFG's are made about 25 miles from me in Greenville. There is also a Michelin Plant in Spartanburg, my county, that makes Tractor Traileer-Semi tires. A guy I attend church with works for Michelin and he gave me the scoop.

Yep, when my son got a nail (non repairable area) in one OE BFG Rugged Trail, on his Explorer, Discount Tire got on the phone to Michelin/BFG in SC, and got him a nice adjustment price on a new RT. Guy said that DT has a very good working relationship with Michelin.

When my son got ready to replace the 4 RT's with new ones, DT gave him a nice credit for the one that still had some treadwear left, and they beat any price he could find.

Congrats on the new tires.

I've run Kumhos on my wife's old 5 Series as well as my 3 Series. While Kumhos aren't always at the very top of their class, they usually are just about unbeatable from a price/value standpoint. I have switched to the Dunlop Direzza Star Spec on my 3er, but only became it's such an outstanding dual purpose street/track tire.

I've always had good luck with BFG.
They always seem to wear well,and I rarely get punctures.
They usually can be had at a good price from discount tire direct or tire rack.
I don't see them being that much more expensive than the kumho's.

Discount Tire quite often has $70 rebates on a set of BFG's(and Michelin) which make them very competitive pricewise. That's what I used when I bought my Traction T/A's last summer. They've had it at least once more since then.

Originally Posted By: GilroyRacing
for the price you cant beat Kumhos Ive bought 3 sets for 3 different cars in the last 6 months.

I was a big fan until I saw how rapidly they were wearing out. I ignored a few posts on the Discount Tire web site reviews about this. I wish I had paid the extra for Michelin now.

Last edited:
Ive heard good reviews for both, BUT, the extra money you spend on the BFG's will allow you to go the distance with them.

I'm sure the Kumhos last a while, but the BFG's will LAST!!!!

Its not uncommon for folks to get 75K miles + out of a set.

Originally Posted By: chad8
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Which are made in the USA?

probably neither
The Goodrich name is owned by michelin made in several plants world wide.Some are made here. go to a store that carries your model and size and look at the sidewall.
Kumho tires are made in Korea

That is incorrect. Goodrich sold the their tire line, BFGoodrich, to Michelin
That said, I have yet to be impressed by any tire made by BFG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back