Well, this might not be good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was prepping my cars today to get them set for the coming snowstorm.

One of the last things I did was double check the tires. (My Cav probably won't come out the snow melts)

Anyways, the tires are is good shape, only being replaced this summer/fall due to age(as the tires are 6 years old)

I walk the tires, all are good until I get to the rear pass. side. The tire looks like it has a little bulge at the top of the tire, toward the tread. Other than that, it tire looks just fine.

Should I chalk it up to the weather (and wait and see), or start thinking replacement?

I'm not too worried (at least not for a while), as the car is going to see very little driving until spring.

Your thoughts?

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
Replace it. What kind of tire is it?

Still the OEM set of Goodyear Conquest that came with the car.

I'm amazed they have held up very well....

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
replace it if it is "bulging" its gonna blow!

And you know the strange part? You almost don't notice it, as it is not very big.

I really had to take a good look at it....

Just watch the video of the pro driver flying off the road when his tires blows. That will take that cavalier attitude out of you about running it.........
13.gif

I always think I will be able to control things flying down the freeway if a tire blows. But if it disintegrates all bets are off.
Also will you have a car full of precious family? Or always just yourself?

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Just watch the video of the pro driver flying off the road when his tires blows. That will take that cavalier attitude out of you about running it.........
13.gif

I always think I will be able to control things flying down the freeway if a tire blows. But if it disintegrates all bets are off.
Also will you have a car full of precious family? Or always just yourself?

Nope, I' just be killing myself. Wife has new tires on hers....
13.gif

But you make a good point.

I'm not ready for a set of four.

Guess I could reaplace the backs....

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
Bulge Bad!

I had one once that I hadn't noticed and they wouldn't let me leave the store(Discount Tire).

Really?

What size tires are thos, dave? 195/65/R15?

Nope. 195/70/14

What the heck- the bulge is GONE!

It only does it after I drive it????

This is very strange indeed...

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
What the heck- the bulge is GONE!

It only does it after I drive it????

This is very strange indeed...

That's not good.............better replace it either way.

I had some Yokohama Avid Touring tires that were getting sidewall cracks. By the time I replaced them the cracks were scary.................just glad they never blew. They started cracking after 3 years.

I won't be buying Yokohama anytime soon.......I bought Goodrich touring tires.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
What size tires are thos, dave? 195/65/R15?

Nope. 195/70/14

That is so strange. Mine seems to be the only cavalier that uses 195/65/R15 tires. Anyway, why not give these a try?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...romCompare1=yes

or

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...romCompare1=yes

No, quite a few Cavs have your tires. Any Cav with package above base usually got bigger tires.

Granted, after 2000, there were many more pacakges that had the 14s in them. (15s were in higher packages/LS trim)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back