195/60-15 Primewells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sams Club has BFG and Goodyear tires for just the same price as those primewells. Actually about $5 cheaper for my saturn.

I would just stick with a name brand like BFG. Wait until they run another sale, they just had one expire it was free mounting and balancing for life. That would cut 60 dollars off the cost of tires.

Originally Posted By: notbange
I work for Firestone and mount primewells all day long, they balance very well, if not better than the comparable firestone/bridgestone products and seem to wear pretty well. I would have them on my own cars, but we get a better discount on firestone/bridgestone tires then the Primewells or the Falkens that we also sell.

-Sam

Which is interesting considering the local FS around hates those tires....and had nothing good to say about the primewells.

Ok I had it settled down to:

General Altimax HP- too expensive @ $446
Kumho KR21 @376- T rated
Yokohama Touring S @341- T rated
Fusion @ $268- never heard of them

the three remainders:
Firestone Champion HR @ $314 for a 40k tire
Primewell PS830 @267 for a 40k tire
Solus KH16 @ 364 for a 60k tire

I've been getting bad vibes about the Primewell and its only 40k anyway, as well as the Champion HR which is 40k. So it looks like the Solus KH16 will be put on. All the tire shops said the KR21 was better, but I'd feel better having the proper speed rating on there, so KH16 it is. It looks like that suggestion will cost more up front but save a little in the long run, but more importantly it has been said they're a SAFER tire, so there it is.......THANKS ALL

I had those Primewells for about 5k of around town riding on my RX7 and I don't know if it was the tires or the RX7's good suspension but I could hammer on them brakes and you could feel your face skin and nose being pulled forward by the G's and it would take a turn like no other as well, thats why I had such high regard for that inexpensive tire. But now Im in a Saturn and will be out in the sticks as far as 150 miles away from home, so longevity and safety take a front seat to performance. Although a spirited run and some fun on off-ramps happen sometimes, but its just not the same with a FWD vs independent RWD.

btw, I can't get Sam's Club on the phone, but if I get a decent price I'll update with what I get.

Thanks for recommending Sam's Club.

They couldn't tell me specifics, but they got a Goodyear H rated 60k mile tire for $353 installed and a BFG Pro 60k mile tire for $359 + tax. I'm going to go up there and see if I can get the model to compare specs online.

thanks guys

Ok here it is I think.

Kumho Solus KH16
60,000 mile tire
H-rated
19lbs
Made in Korea
$364 MT&B

Dunlop Signature
60,000 mile tire
H-rated
19lbs
Made in USA
$353 MT$B

BFGoodrich Touring T/A Pro Series
60,000 mile tire
H-rated
No further data
$385 MT&B

My mom's van had a FR Dunlop blow out on us this winter going about 70mph. They had plenty of tread, but I don't remember checking the pressures.

The BFG looked good sitting at Sam's and is expensive but I can't find much data since the TireRack.com doesn't carry them.

Is the KH16 still the way to go. Would a Korean tire be better than one from the USA?

Which of the three should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back