Napa Synthetic Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your honest opinion of Napa Synthetic Motor Oil? I saw their current deal and maybe wanted to try it out. How long could you safely run this oil in your car, based on half severe and half normal driving conditions? Thanks!

Also, if you know, what is the base stock/base oils for this oil?

Last edited:
It's very close to Synpower - made by Ashland.

Good oil, should do 7-10k w/o issue...but depends on the vehicle, driving, etc......

It's mostly a group III hydrocrack, but most likely has other 'correcting' fluid in it.....

As mentioned its made by Ashland, the same people who make Valvoline, and it has been reported that the NAPA synthetic is very similar to Valvoline SynPower but with a slightly less robust additive package.

The few UOAs on it have shown that it's good stuff.

Honestly, I probably would've bought a few oil changes worth of it with the current sale if I didn't already have 3 oil changes worth of synthetic oil already.

With all that said, I don't know how long it can run in your vehicle. It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a few oil changes worth since it's quality oil and filter at a great price. Then after 5k miles, do a UOA on the first batch to see how much longer you can run it

I bought some when it was on sale. 5000-7500 miles oil. Anything above that, you need to run a uoa. A lot will depend on how you drive your car, hwy/city driving,...

Up to Normal Service OCI for your car according to the manual. If you top up oil during the OCI, go longer

Thank you for the responses! I am tempted to buy some, but I just want it to protect better than the Motorcraft Synthetic Blend I am using now!

I would think twice quitting MC Blend in favor of inferior additive package on top of fake "syn" base

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back