Liquid wrench liquid penetrating oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
I know on one study from someplace liquid wrench was rated well compared to more exotic penetrating oils. I had access to a new bottle of liquid liquid wrench penetrating oil, not the usual spray, and applied it to some connectors that had significant salt air exposure, then had sat in the nm weather for a year and a half.

Couldn't get the connectors to spin with a big pair of pliers before application - after it was easy with a small plier.

I like that stuff, cheap and easy to find. Any good/bad experiences with this stuff?

IMO its near the best of the penetrating oils that can be found everywhere. The only real way to beat it is with something like Kroil, which is a lot harder to get (has to be ordered) and costs more.

But truth be told- a few drops of ATF (Dexron, Mercon, Type F, ATF+4, doesn't matter a whit) on stubborn bolts works miracles too. :)

I use it all the time. I got some more of it for a great price at Mennards. I think I paid $1.59 for it.

I just bought some not long ago and i think it works pretty good, but it does smell strong. I think the other stuff i used was rust buster or something and it didnt have as stong of a smell. I usually use it to spray off my vehicle door hinges and my wife said one day " what is that smell" i told her i just got dont spraying the door hinges on her truck and i was instructed to not use that on her car anymore. I use something i bought from WM on her truck that has little smell. It dont seem to clean up as much though.

I used to use it many years ago. I think some was from my Grandfather and I believe I bought some as well.
It worked well.

I use Amsoil power foam because I just buy it with my other oil stuff. It works pretty well.

For all of u that have mmo, it will work. PS, old fashion vinegar will disolve rust too, try it on rusty nails or old keys for a test.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back