Ford 6.0l Diesel 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have a guess on why the oxidation went up 700% vs the Delvac 1? Pretty much the same driving all the time nothing unusual or abnormally different.

Originally Posted By: Sushibar
Anybody have a guess on why the oxidation went up 700% vs the Delvac 1? Pretty much the same driving all the time nothing unusual or abnormally different.

Esters in the Redline will give falsely elevated oxidation numbers.

Charlie

Originally Posted By: Sushibar

Most likely the oxidation numbers did not go up. Did you send a VOA along with your UOA? I had this same issue with a CAT lab back east. I ran AME 15W40 for 15000km's and had sky high oxidation. When I called the lab, they told me they simply had nothing to compare the oil to. I sent them a voa and they re-ran the sample and it looked normal.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Originally Posted By: Extreme-Duty
3. How can people on here keep on judging engine wear based on single pass UOA without even knowing the PQ-index?

Very good question...

Happens everyday. I still remember how bad Royal Purple was because one guy ran it for one OCI in his hopped up 5.3 GM engine.

If you want inexpensive, CT sells large pails of 10W-30 HDEO. There is one UOA of it on here, it did well. Just an idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back